Low FPS with two or more graphics cards

Zyon

So I have been having this issue lately and i haven't seem to understand why. The issue is I put in a brand new graphics card in my system and i was expecting to get good fps like on PUBG and I look at videos of people using the same graphics card and having almost double the fps i am getting, and its infuriating so i began to think it might have been my setup I have...

CPU: AMD FX 8300 at stock speed 3.30 Ghz

Motherboard: asrock 970a g/3.1

Ram: 12 gb of G.Skilz 1600

Graphics Cards: GTX 1060 6GB and a GTX 750 ti 2GB TF 

And simple storage and stuff like that and i figured that maybe my game was mixing up my graphics cards so i decided to take out the GTX 750 ti and the fps went up maybe by 5 but nothing close to what I've been seeing and it cant be a software issue because i made sure i had everything downloaded and I'm still extremely confused and i dont want to reset my computer if i dont have to 

7 minutes ago, Zyon said:

So I have been having this issue lately and i haven't seem to understand why. The issue is I put in a brand new graphics card in my system and i was expecting to get good fps like on PUBG and I look at videos of people using the same graphics card and having almost double the fps i am getting, and its infuriating so i began to think it might have been my setup I have...

And simple storage and stuff like that and i figured that maybe my game was mixing up my graphics cards so i decided to take out the GTX 750 ti and the fps went up maybe by 5 but nothing close to what I've been seeing and it cant be a software issue because i made sure i had everything downloaded and I'm still extremely confused and i dont want to reset my computer if i dont have to 

Your cpu bottlenecks the 1060 6gb

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
    A-Data 2666mhz upgraded to Corsair LPX 2x8gb 3000mhz
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
    1TB HDD, 240gb M.2 Intel NVMe SSD
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
    Samsung Full HD 24' Free sync
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, Zyon said:

PUBG likes fast intel cores ...

Also get the 750 ti out ... could interfere with the 1060 and drivers ... 

Let's agree to disagree

9 minutes ago, Zyon said:

That CPU is shit legit shit especially at stock speed 

3 minutes ago, Gpuprodamnn said:

You use both at same time in your system ? 

2 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

remove the 750ti....sli sucks 

Thats no SLI setup he probably just running 2 cards which is a stupid idea.You cant SLI 2 different GPU´s especially not different generations. 

41 minutes ago, Zyon said:

You're using an FX 8300 at stock speeds. I suggest overclocking it, as there is a lot of performance to be had.

Also, make sure your 1060 is running in the slot that's closest to your CPU. According to your motherboard's manual, this slot gets the full 16 lanes, while the second slot gets only 4 lanes.

What do you need two graphics cards for?

2 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

Thats no SLI setup he probably just running 2 cards which is a stupid idea.You cant SLI 2 different GPU´s especially not different generations. 

There are a few niche reasons why one would want to do this - having a dedicated card for PhysX can very possibly increase performance a little bit in games that use PhysX, or if you do stuff like Folding@Home, having more cards will increase your WU per day.

The reason why i have both is because I want to have multiple monitors and i know i can just plug both of them into one but I thought maybe I could just use the other graphics card for the other monitor

29 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

The reason why i have both is because I want to have multiple monitors and i know i can just plug both of them into one but I thought maybe I could just use the other graphics card for the other monitor

Just now, Zyon said:

The 1060 has enough horsepower for 4 displays. Remove that 750 and i would also reinstall video drivers and when you have no budget for upgrade of CPU / MB at least overclock that steaming pile of crap of a processor.