Best Windows 10 Pointer for 4K Resolution?

Hey guys,

So, I've been using my multiple 4K panels setup for quite a few years now. However, I've always had it at 150% UI scaling in Windows 10. So, today I decided to go down to 125% in favor of having more real estate on my screen to see more, and while I'm working on getting used to the smaller sizes of all-things-around, one of the main thing bugging me is the mouse pointer.

AyQqn4Q.png

As you can see above, apart from 'Pulse Glass' and 'Crystal Clear v3.1 - Original', those are all the default options and by choice I have been using the XL option of the pointers so far. Now, I obviously can't find anything larger than that from that section so I was wondering if there are any tricks and tips to increase the size of same pointer from registry files, or if you guys have any preferred third-party pointer that I can download and use which is bigger in size, but also doesn't look obnoxious? I like the simple Windows Default pointer in Windows 10 so I'd prefer if I can simply increase the size of it, if possible. But if not, I'll be willing to use any minimalist-esque third-party pointer if they look simple like the Windows Default pointer.

Any pointer in this regard will be highly appreciated. -pun intended

Thank you.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

27 minutes ago, UmerF said:

-snip-

Download larger pointers online to use 

Edited by GoodBytes
Shrink quote

1 minute ago, Haeking said:

Download larger pointers online to use 

Precisely the point of the post, I downloaded some and they weren't up to par thus asking if I can make the same one larger by editing some registry files and what not, or if there are any other people in the same boat as me that have downloaded and used certain pointers that I can also give it a try.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64

3 minutes ago, UmerF said:

Precisely the point of the post, I downloaded some and they weren't up to par thus asking if I can make the same one larger by editing some registry files and what not, or if there are any other people in the same boat as me that have downloaded and used certain pointers that I can also give it a try.

Have you been here yet:

bigger-blacker-mouse-pointer.jpg

5 minutes ago, Haeking said:

Have you been here yet:

bigger-blacker-mouse-pointer.jpg

Yes, thanks for looking into it for me. And using that option basically made my pointer slimmer and not necessarily bigger, lol. I'm sure if you put your own cursor next to it, provided it's a Windows Default pointer, you'll see the style is also different. The one from that setting is more like from Windows XP? While this one is more refined from like maybe Windows 7/8? I like default in Windows 10 more so I was really looking to just make this one bigger, it's simple and it's neat.

... I know, I know. I'm just a perfectionist and have a habit of becoming a stickler for things.

... buys 4k monitor

... can't see shit because everything so tiny

... turns scaling up 

... turns scaling down again because screen real estate 

... now everything tiny again

picard-facepalm.jpg

maybe monitor too small for that many pixels?

6 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

... buys 4k monitor

... can't see shit because everything so tiny

... turns scaling up 

... turns scaling down again because screen real estate 

... now everything tiny again

maybe monitor too small for that many pixels?

While that did make me chuckle, that's not entirely the case here with me. When I bought my first 4K monitor years ago, Windows 10 wasn't even out and I was still using Windows 8/8.1 and at that time scaling was horrendous in that OS thus I always had to use it at 100% UI. That changed for the better, but not much when Windows 10 arrived and it got much better with the last few big updates for the OS.

So, during all that time, I added and removed multiple 4K monitors from the setup with various different settings. However, reading is never been that much of an issue. I've been using it at 150% scaling for the past year or so and it basically scales it to the way 1440p panel would look normally which was pretty good. But now I needed some extra real estate on the screen so I decided to try out 125% scaling and so far it's doing me just fine, perfectly readable texts and everything else looks just fine, although a tid bit smaller, of course.

The only thing I'd like would be a bigger pointer as discussed above.

6 minutes ago, UmerF said:

Windows 10 wasn't even out and I was still using Windows 8/8.1 and at that time scaling was horrendous in that OS

yeah, scaling always sucked on windows, what i did was increase only the font size instead if i had to work on small or blurry screens with too much pixels. (remember when analog TV out was a thing on graphics cards? beyond 800x600 it was almost impossible to read text on a CRT TV) 

dunno if changing the font size without scaling is still a thing in win 10

25 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

yeah, scaling always sucked on windows, what i did was increase only the font size instead if i had to work on small or blurry screens with too much pixels. (remember when analog TV out was a thing on graphics cards? beyond 800x600 it was almost impossible to read text on a CRT TV) 

dunno if changing the font size without scaling is still a thing in win 10

Yeah, it's still not as good as MacOS when it comes to HiDPI and scaling, but it's miles better than it was on Windows 8/8.1. I can only hope it gets better, which I'm sure it will but it's quite crazy how bad it is even today.

Actually, going through some of the stuff I was checking up earlier, I did come across a screenshot for a moment that was hinting to changing font size in Windows 10. I guess I'll look into that, while the overall reading text and all at 125% is not bad, some of the things like the Skype notification bubble that tells you how many people have left you a message like 1, 2, 3 etc is not as readable from a distance. Still, I just needed more real estate, text overall is fine on the web and applications so far.

Cursor really isn't that much of an issue either, I was just hoping if there was an option for it, it'd be neat. If not, oh welp.