PC in reboot loop without any bios splash

I'm trying to repair my friend's PC but every time I start it, the fans spin for a while and it goes in an infinite restart cycle. It keeps restarting without showing any BIOS splash screen. Every hardware was working earlier but after restarting the PC, this happened.

I can't figure out what is the problem.

System specification.

Intel 3220

Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H

2 x 2GB Gskill Ripjaws

Radeon RX 460

Samsung 320GB HDD

Corsair VS 450 PSU

Keep it simple.

Pull the battery.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Could be anything really, I suggest testing parts one at a time. Typically PSUs go before anything else I would start there then check the RAM. Also smell for buring. inside the PSU.

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Pull the battery.

I think you're referring to the battery on the motherboard. Yes, I did that but, no help.

Keep it simple.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Could be anything really, I suggest testing parts one at a time. Typically PSUs go before anything else I would start there then check the RAM. Also smell for buring. inside the PSU.

The PSU is fairly new.

Keep it simple.

2 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

I think you're referring to the battery on the motherboard. Yes, I did that but, no help.

Did you try recovery BIOS?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Did you try recovery BIOS?

No, i did not try that. Will it solve the issue?

Keep it simple.

5 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Any part can fail despite the age. A part can fail when your first use it.

True that. If i can't detect the problem then i might have to take it to an expert.

Keep it simple.

7 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

No, i did not try that. Will it solve the issue?

Possibly but doubtful.

You have to exhaust the easiest possibilities first.

I feel like the boot loop as you describe it is the CPU not responding. I would make sure the CPU fan header is plugged, remove all ram except one stick and if you still cant get it running you might want to reseat the CPU.

5 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Possibly but doubtful.

You have to exhaust the easiest possibilities first.

I feel like the boot loop as you describe it is the CPU not responding. I would make sure the CPU fan header is plugged, remove all ram except one stick and if you still cant get it running you might want to reseat the CPU.

I see, never thought of that. Thanks, i will try seating the CPU as the CPU fan header is plugged in and the fan works.

Keep it simple.

Just now, titaniumshield said:

I see, never thought of that. Thanks, i will try seating the CPU as the CPU fan header is plugged in and the fan works.

Just make sure before you go through the reseating process you make sure all PSU cables are securely connected to their respective outlets. No use reseating if something else is causing the problem.

11 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Just make sure before you go through the reseating process you make sure all PSU cables are securely connected to their respective outlets. No use reseating if something else is causing the problem.

The PSU cables were connected properly and i also reseated the processor but it's still in the no BIOS splash reboot loop.

Keep it simple.

Sorry New comer to the Topic Here,

Can you explain in detail what you did before this problem started occurring and you say the fan spins up is this the CPU fan or the GPU fan that is spinning and if so does it sound like its spinning as fast as possible?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

On 10/4/2017 at 5:16 PM, Alex Colson said:

Sorry New comer to the Topic Here,

Can you explain in detail what you did before this problem started occurring and you say the fan spins up is this the CPU fan or the GPU fan that is spinning and if so does it sound like its spinning as fast as possible?

Everything was working fine. I had to restart the system and when I did, it showed no post, the fans spin for a while (not at high speed, just spins) and then everything shuts down. After 1 second it tries to reboot itself but fails and goes into this reboot loop.

Keep it simple.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, titaniumshield said:

Everything was working fine. I had to restart the system and when I did, it showed no post, the fans spin for a while (not at high speed, just spins) and then everything shuts down. After 1 second it tries to reboot itself but fails and goes into this reboot loop.

First suggestion if you haven't tried would be to disconnect all your PSU cables from your mobo and reconnect them along with your connections for fans, gpu's and HDD's. (Disconnect your connecting your mobo to your case controls if you want but they shouldn't be causing the issue)

Apologies for late response

Edited by Alex Colson

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...