What PSU is used in HP Z210 minitower?

rip

I know it's proprietery but I heard it is made by Delta which is decent?

I am buying a used Z210 minitower and owner said 430w nothing else

it is powering GTX 670 and Xeon 1240 Sandy Bridge

rip

If you're talking about the full size atx one, its just a standard atx power supply. You can throw anything you want in there. HP puts in power supplys from delta, lite-on, enlight, and other random companies you've probably never even heard of.

If you're talking about the half height SFF one, the school i worked for had many of those systems. They're completely custom parts, and theres really not a lot of info on them. PSU connectors are all proprietary too. Needless to say they are a PAIN to service. Thank god for education discounts and warranties.

If he said 430w its most likely aftermarket (not what originally came in the computer), HP only sold them with 240w power supplies i believe.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

HP are known to use proprietary power plugs for the mobo connectors

so be wary of how the previous owner was able to wire it

but if it is ATX type plugs like the standard 24 pin and 4 pin power plugs for the mobo

then you can just swap out the PSU for another ATX type PSU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

31 minutes ago, DOGC_Kyle said:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02787107

PSU is detailed on page 7 (in doc page numbers) or page 17 (PDF page numbers).

According to the doc it is a 400W. It's a normal ATX power supply, and yeah I think it's Delta (most HP high-end desktops and workstations have Delta). 

So is it Delta made? I don't want the risk of putting random OEM PSU on my PC to have it being destroyed

14 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

HP are known to use proprietary power plugs for the mobo connectors

so be wary of how the previous owner was able to wire it

but if it is ATX type plugs like the standard 24 pin and 4 pin power plugs for the mobo

then you can just swap out the PSU for another ATX type PSU

Yes, I know it's proprietary most likely. I am asking for quality wise, sorry my question wasn't really clear. I heard Delta makes some good PSU. In fact my own prebuilt is using a Delta 500w and has been solid so far. 

33 minutes ago, DOGC_Kyle said:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02787107

PSU is detailed on page 7 (in doc page numbers) or page 17 (PDF page numbers).

According to the doc it is a 400W. It's a normal ATX power supply, and yeah I think it's Delta (most HP high-end desktops and workstations have Delta). 

Well that's odd. I asked the owner which PSU and he replied to me 430. So I assume it's wattage wise. Since HP uses proprietery PSUs wouldn't be odd to have an aftermarket one that happens to fit right with HP stuff?

psu.png.3ba166531255ac3106087f774ba38051.png

rip

1 minute ago, rip said:

So is it Delta made? I don't want the risk of putting random OEM PSU on my PC to have it being destroyed

Yes, I know it's proprietary most likely. I am asking for quality wise, sorry my question wasn't really clear. I heard Delta makes some good PSU. In fact my own prebuilt is using a Delta 500w and has been solid so far. 

Well that's odd. I asked the owner which PSU and he replied to me 430. So I assume it's wattage wise. Since HP uses proprietery PSUs wouldn't be odd to have an aftermarket one that happens to fit right with HP stuff?

psu.png.3ba166531255ac3106087f774ba38051.png

most of the HP desktops i sold to my customers are using Delta PSU and i am surprised to find some of the higher wattages one to have 80 Plus Gold and above ratings

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, rip said:
37 minutes ago, DOGC_Kyle said:

is a 400W. It's a normal ATX power supply, and yeah I think it's Delta (most HP high-end desktops and workstations have Delta). 

Not a proprietary PSU.

It's a standard ATX power supply. The specific model might be made for HP, but the design, size, connectors, and functionality are identical to an off-the-shelf power supply. 

I don't know for certain the brand of this specific system, but HP typically uses Delta on workstations (Z series) and high-end consumer desktops (Omen). 

Just now, dragoon20005 said:

most of the HP desktops i sold to my customers are using Delta PSU and i am surprised to find some of the higher wattages one to have 80 Plus Gold and above ratings

well i see a lot of HP pre built in my school and in the market too, i wonder why prebuilt PSUs gets notorious for being bad considering it's Delta which is like decent

rip

Just now, DOGC_Kyle said:

Not a proprietary PSU.

It's a standard ATX power supply. The specific model might be made for HP, but the design, size, connectors, and functionality are identical to an off-the-shelf power supply. 

I don't know for certain the brand of this specific system, but HP typically uses Delta on workstations (Z series) and high-end consumer desktops (Omen). 

yeah but the HP Z workstation mobo doesn't use regular 24pin ATX power right? 

rip

1 minute ago, rip said:

well i see a lot of HP pre built in my school and in the market too, i wonder why prebuilt PSUs gets notorious for being bad considering it's Delta which is like decent

it prob because they stick a GPUs like the old Fermi cards which are power hungry and plays games like Crysis which can kill GPUs and PSU.

RandomGamingInHD reported on a recent video the VS450 PSU he got died after testing Crysis

Just now, rip said:

yeah but the HP Z workstation mobo doesn't use regular 24pin ATX power right? 

It is still an ATX power connector, so the rest of the pins should be the same (I don't have one on hand to check, but am 99% certain). 

20 and 24 pin are the standard molex connectors. 18 pin would just be missing two extra 3.3V pins.

3 minutes ago, rip said:

Low-end HP systems don't typically have Delta PSUs. Pavilions (consumer) and Pro (commercial) lines probably are not going to have the good Delta PSUs, since those are cheaper lines. 

Omen (high-end consumer), Envy (mid-high-end consumer), Elite (mid-high-end commercial), and Z (high-end commercial) typically have better parts. Again though, it varies between individual products, but generally, you get what you pay for.