HP Z210 motherboard

rip
Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,

motherboard connector's proprietary so you're outta luck. you can try something like this adaptor but YMMV

https://www.amazon.com/Eyeboot-18-Pin-Supply-Adapter-Motherboards/dp/B01HQ2JQ3G

I am looking to get a prebuilt with Xeon 1240 as an upgrade (Sandy).

It's a HP Z210 SFF. I am just wondering if the mobo in there is normal and not proprietery (ie standard mATX...)

I currently have a mATX haswell H81 but standard size with normal connectors and stuff and also powering RX 470

I think the PSU in that prebuilt won't be enough to power my GPU as well as the space limitation of a SFF will not fit my card so I will be using my own PSU and case I currently have 

(though it has a GTX 670 on it).

Would be nice if I could just simply swap out the cpu from that prebuilt and put it in mine but different socket :(

So for anyone who has a HP Z210 does the mobo just like any other ones that's not OEM?

rip

Ok it's not the SFF model it's the mini tower one

c02689219.png

rip

motherboard connector's proprietary so you're outta luck. you can try something like this adaptor but YMMV

https://www.amazon.com/Eyeboot-18-Pin-Supply-Adapter-Motherboards/dp/B01HQ2JQ3G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

motherboard connector's proprietary so you're outta luck.

you think i can fit a gpu in that case then? gtx 670 consumes roughly the same power

rip

6 minutes ago, rip said:

you think i can fit a gpu in that case then? gtx 670 consumes roughly the same power

it should fit, drive cages aren't blocking the GPU at the back

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Motherboard looks like standard ATX according to the official service guide. 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02787107 (page 60 in the document, page 72 on the PDF)

I'm fairly certain the power connector for main power is standard with extra pins (extra 3.3V pins) removed, so it'd be just like plugging a 24-pin into a 20-pin. Can't guarantee this though.

Everything else looks to be standard.

PSU and MB details are near the top of the document.