PCB design software that supports 74 series IC's ?

Coaxialgamer

I'm looking for software that would allow me to design PCB's What i've found thus far does not support the 74 series of logic IC's . Best i've found is proteus , but it costs money .

Anyone know of such software?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Any decent software will allow you to create custom footprints for ICs so you can create your own layouts.  Try DipTrace.

I suspect for some reason you're thinking of simulation of circuit. That's not part of a regular pcb design software afaik, it's a bonus feature.

I use express PCB, create the circuit in their schematic software and import it to the PCB maker software. It will tell you if you missed connections and you can even have them make the board for you if you want.

https://www.expresspcb.com/

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I would give kicad a shot. Decent library to begin with and if the ic you want is not there by default someone has probably made a library for it. I prefer kicad over other free eda software as it is still free for commercial use and is open source. That and you can easily generate gerbers for a fab.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

On 9/30/2017 at 12:55 AM, Coaxialgamer said:

I'm looking for software that would allow me to design PCB's What i've found thus far does not support the 74 series of logic IC's . Best i've found is proteus , but it costs money .

Anyone know of such software?

Eagle comes with the 74- series in it's library and it has a free version limited to 10x10cm PCB's if that is enough for your needs ?

2 hours ago, Unimportant said:

Eagle comes with the 74- series in it's library and it has a free version limited to 10x10cm PCB's if that is enough for your needs ?

That should be enough, as I'll be using multiple smaller PCB's anyway. Thanks! 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case