GPU FAN NOT SPINNING

DriZyo
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
Just now, DriZyo said:

I just turn on the pc and gpu fan not spinning with appear check video cable. I already plus my thermal with cm ice fushion. I can enter the windows sometimes. If i can get in and i started install my gpu the pc will crash and i must restart and not will get to windows again.  what must i do if i can get in? reinstall gpu, reinstall mobo? or else?

Ah, that's a different issue. If your PSU uses external PCIe power connectors, make sure they're securely snapped in and, if modular, snapped into the PSU securely as well. You might also want to dismount and remount your graphics card to the motherboard to rule a bad connection out.

If that doesn't work, try a different port on the card and see if you get a signal off of it. This sounds less like a fan dying and more like a card dying.

Hello, my pc wont start and appear CHECK VIDEO CABLE . My powercolor R7 370 2GB DDR5. My Gpu fan not spinning. How do i fix this or i should this step ? 

• Uninstall 3 RAM sticks down to 1.
  • Uninstall the GPU
  • Uninstall the 2TB SSD
  • Uninstall all case fans
  • DON'T uninstall the CPU fan/s
  • Make sure the waterpump has power
  • Make sure the 4/6/8-pin CPU power cable is tight
  • Make sure the 24-pin MOBO power cable is tight
  • Hook your monitor to the lowest/oldest video-port (HDMI for your MOBO)
  • Try to boot to BIOS
  • If yes, then Install Windows to the M.2
  • If Windows is installed, update it several times
  • Install Drivers from MOBO-disc
  • (Keep in mind, maybe do a BIOS update)
  • If all above worked, then add the RAM sticks, connect the SSD and put in the GPU
  • Install GPU drivers

It it working fine? Lots of cards have a zero RPM mode (my 980 Ti does) so the fans spin up and startup, then shut off at idle. They only spin up when the GPU starts getting hot. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I don't understand how 95% of that list belongs with your original post.  If your GPU fan stopped spinning,  that means the temp sensor is shot or your GPU doesn't need to be cooled ( it never reached hot enough temps to trigger the fans).  How do you know it stopped?  Does your computer BSOD after a while?

Dismantling your PC won't fix your GPU fan. Run Heaven for about five minutes. If the fan hasn't kicked in by the time your card hits 65C, turn it off to let the card cool.

Have you ever poked around at the card or taken it apart? If so, you may have loosened the fan connector on the PCB. Try giving it a gentle push in with your fingernail and see if it slides any further.

When's the last time you cleaned out your GPU? It's possible that the fan is clogged up with dust. If so, a can of compressed air and some patience will help.

If all else fails, replacement fans for all modern GPU SKUs are readily available on eBay. You'll probably have to buy one to replace the fan you have on the cooler now.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

24 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Dismantling your PC won't fix your GPU fan. Run Heaven for about five minutes. If the fan hasn't kicked in by the time your card hits 65C, turn it off to let the card cool.

Have you ever poked around at the card or taken it apart? If so, you may have loosened the fan connector on the PCB. Try giving it a gentle push in with your fingernail and see if it slides any further.

When's the last time you cleaned out your GPU? It's possible that the fan is clogged up with dust. If so, a can of compressed air and some patience will help.

If all else fails, replacement fans for all modern GPU SKUs are readily available on eBay. You'll probably have to buy one to replace the fan you have on the cooler now.

I just turn on the pc and gpu fan not spinning with appear check video cable. I already plus my thermal with cm ice fushion. I can enter the windows sometimes. If i can get in and i started install my gpu the pc will crash and i must restart and not will get to windows again.  what must i do if i can get in? reinstall gpu, reinstall mobo? or else?

Just now, DriZyo said:

Ah, that's a different issue. If your PSU uses external PCIe power connectors, make sure they're securely snapped in and, if modular, snapped into the PSU securely as well. You might also want to dismount and remount your graphics card to the motherboard to rule a bad connection out.

If that doesn't work, try a different port on the card and see if you get a signal off of it. This sounds less like a fan dying and more like a card dying.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.