Need help ASAP please

Etharos

Hello everyone,

today I got myself the g410 logitech mechanical keyboard.

It’s not a bad keyboard, and it worked smooth up until I decided to update the driver to play around with the rgb.

After I was done updating, my keyboard stopped working properly.

It would power up for a sec and go out for a second. Quiet rapidly I’d say.

Things I’ve tried:

1) one a different computer, nothing changed.

2) device manager>usb hub>unticked the option which says “pc can turn off this usb to save power” no results

I want to avoid returning it. It was a shipment. If I return it, my money will take a week to come back. 

Please any suggestions/help would be appreciated. I’m not opening the keyboard to not void the warranty or give them an excuse to not take it back.

Did you update the driver, or give it a new firmware -- doesn't sound like a driver ? You're def supplying enough power to the keyboard correct?  Curious if the RGB functions are drawing more power.  Are there any older drivers you can download to see if that does it for you?  Normally if the keyboard is failing on two computers, its not the computers having the issue, but the device itself.

Just now, COUPER MILLAR said:

Have you contacted logitech support? 

It’s 1am. I’ll have a go tomorrow morning. 

Any suggestions for now? First night with a new pc, I want to play some games : (

My guess would be a bad firmware flash. You may be able to go into hardware and revert to previous firmware. 

Just now, ThomasPham said:

Did you update the driver, or give it a new firmware? You're def supplying enough power to the keyboard correct?  Curious if the RGB functions are drawing more power.

When I installed the new logitech driver, it’s universal. First thing it did was detect my keyboard then directly update it. The rgb was there before updating, but only one color. I didn’t even get to change anything. In the split second it connects, it’s detected in the logitech software, but it disconnects directly afterwards.

2 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

My guess would be a bad firmware flash. You may be able to go into hardware and revert to previous firmware. 

1 minute ago, Klemmbrett said:

Wipe drivers off in device manager.

Bad firmware/removing the drivers off completely. Something like guru3d for GPUs. 

Any suggested program? The process of driver update probably screwed with the firmware. That sounds about right. I’m pretty sure the problem is in the keyboard itself after checking it on a different conputer.

Just now, COUPER MILLAR said:

Try an uninstall-reinstall of the logitech software.

Done that. Didn’t help. 

It kept detecting the keyboard and when the keyboard blacks out, it loses connection. That makes it hard for me to do anything changes

2 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

From the sounds of it you're going to need to send it in for replacement. 

Yeah.. The disconnecting makes it very hard to test/reinstall stuff.

Thank you guys for the input.