Home Made Gaming Pod Build Log (updated today 15nd February 2014)

Bingbing10

Where do you propose to put the computer within this chair? When I was doing Product Design Level 3 at college last year someone else did this but for a Playstation 3 project, they had it sat under the seat (wasn't the best of ideas). I can see you have an Fractal R4 so it's a ATX case so possibly beside you next to the seat? 

If you ever wanted to sell it though I'd buy it off you :P

Slow....clap... ;)

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Future build log of the week here!

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

I have an idea: Have a little desk thing on some kind of rotating arm, swing it away when you don't want it if you get what i mean.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

I was thinking of building something similar. My dad for the longest time was a metal worker creating things from steel and aluminum. I figure I could make it out of metal and have wood accents. The only difference is I was thinking more of a rounded chair than a gaming pod. It would have an arm that stuck out that hold a 1440p monitor. Anyway I love the design and looks amazing keep up the work. 

The bendy ply is holding up really well tbh - only think that was a struggle to get on was on that really tight bend on the roof ending part that curves around . I just added that on today so will be adding photos soon

Yeh I am thinking of adding in a part on the side to sliding in your PC/xbox/ps - and I may be able to make another in the future ahha

Actually I have just designed a feature like this and I have started manufacturing it and will be adding it to my product in then next couple of weeks so start tuned for new photos

This is one hell of an idea. How sturdy is that bending ply?

The bendy ply is holding up really well tbh - only think that was a struggle to get on was on that really tight bend on the roof ending part that curves around . I just added that on today so will be adding photos soon

i always wanted something like this but never got around to it you are probably building the computer into it right?

Where do you propose to put the computer within this chair? When I was doing Product Design Level 3 at college last year someone else did this but for a Playstation 3 project, they had it sat under the seat (wasn't the best of ideas). I can see you have an Fractal R4 so it's a ATX case so possibly beside you next to the seat?

If you ever wanted to sell it though I'd buy it off you :P

Yeh I am thinking of adding in a part on the side to sliding in your PC/xbox/ps - and I may be able to make another in the future ahha

I have an idea: Have a little desk thing on some kind of rotating arm, swing it away when you don't want it if you get what i mean.

Actually I have just designed a feature like this and I have started manufacturing it and will be adding it to my product in then gtx couple of weeks so start tuned for new photos

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

I was thinking of building something similar. My dad for the longest time was a metal worker creating things from steel and aluminum. I figure I could make it out of metal and have wood accents. The only difference is I was thinking more of a rounded chair than a gaming pod. It would have an arm that stuck out that hold a 1440p monitor. Anyway I love the design and looks amazing keep up the work.

Yeh I won't be adding 3 monitors as seen on my cad design - but yeh the monitor will also be in a moveable arm to get the monitor in whatever position you want

when I saw that first sketchup shot I was like, no way!, then I saw the progress shots and I was like, NO WAY!

Ahha - I originally had a different design then I was messing around on sketchup and came up with that and then started developing and due to feedback from people in LTT I went for this design.

that's sexy , just wooooooow

Ahha thanks as it is a school project it won't be completed until earliest of just after new year - as I only have 1 3 hour lesson a week

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

This is awesome! 

The desk that I am using now is the one from my GCSE project and I'm glad I decided to make it instead of a shelf. 

Here's a picture: 

291j40g.jpg

This is awesome! 

The desk that I am using now is the one from my GCSE project and I'm glad I decided to make it instead of a shelf. 

Here's a picture: 

Yeh I thought you might aswell make something you actually would use or want to make .

If you happen to have an extra on lying around i will gladly take it.

If you happen to have an extra on lying around i will gladly take it.

Ahha had quite a lot of people saying that they would buy one - once I've done this one I will take a look at building some others to sell , but would need to refine the manufacturing process first

Wow if you made those for a living you could really make some money

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

It´s missing a beer tap, other than that it´s pretty cool. Forgive me for perhaps missing this but what is going to run it ? dispaly mv?

It´s missing a beer tap, other than that it´s pretty cool. Forgive me for perhaps missing this but what is going to run it ? dispaly mv?

Sorry if I sound dumb but please could you elaborate

Sorry if I sound dumb but please could you elaborate

I was simply asking to what hardware was going in and going to run it, and the beer tap was more of a joke. Bit it does look grelt, thumbs up.

• 2 weeks later...

Update Number 1 has been added  :)  :)

Wow...
Following :)

MAIN Core V21 | i7 5820K @ 4.2 1.21v | Corsair H100i + NF-F12 | Asrock X99M Killer | Crucial Sport 4x4GB 2400 CAS16 @ 2666 CAS15 | 290X DCUII OC @ 1115/1450 1.3v | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 830 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Corsair AX650

Wow I want one! I saw the same type of thing like a couple years ago but it was like 6k :(

Looks sweet 

Subbed

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Looks sweet 

Subbed

Wow I want one! I saw the same type of thing like a couple years ago but it was like 6k :(

Wow...

Following :)

thanks guys and yeh if you have any improvements you wanna post feel free to do so :)

thanks guys and yeh if you have any improvements you wanna post feel free to do so :)

Where's your girlfriend gonna be ?

Should make a kitchen on the side with knives and stuff so she can make sandwiches.

Nah I'm just kidding, but honestly if you SOMEHOW can put a mini fridge in there somewhere, Then I'm gonna be impressed.