Help i bought new headphones and they dont sound the same

Hi all, so i originally had a pair of turtle beach px11s and they did amazing for 4 years, and then when they broke i bought a the hyperx cloud stingers. but i was disappointed to find that when i then played overwatch again the noises around me didn't sound the same. its like the surround sound thing had gone. It really threw me off and i need to get it fixed. is there any way of fixing this or do i need new headphones? i was thinking of buying the superlux HD668B and then later down the line getting the mod mic 4. but i also saw online that they dont have surround either, but some people said they did when they bought a 30 quid asus sound card or somit... i could just really do with some help as i don't know to much about all this sound stuff and i just want a decent pair of headphones with the ability to hear things around me....

So what im looking for is to make those headphones have the ability to output sound to make me aware of my surroundings, because without it i spin around and have no idea whats going on when i hear some mad shit going on...

The headphones i had originally:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Earforce-PX11-Universal/dp/B00AQYFS16

The headphones i bought that sound better but dont have the spacial awareness: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Stinger-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B01LRX2DSA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1506244828&sr=1-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+stinger

The headphones and mic i want to get: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superlux-HD668B-Headphones-Black/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=pd_bxgy_23_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9EKG2W3X1XCTQ3G7D8N0
                                                                       https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone-Uni-Directional-Muteless/dp/B00R98O6R4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506188739&sr=8-2&keywords=modmic&th=1

@MagicBurntToast I'm using a Hyper X Cloud and Razer Synapse with Razer Surround Pro and it sounds really good.

You could try to get Razer synapse and set up the 7.1 in Surround Pro but i'm not sure if it's free or not.

I got a key for Surround Pro when i registered on Razer's website.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

2 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

@MagicBurntToast I'm using a Hyper X Cloud and Razer Synapse with Razer Surround Pro and it sounds really good.

You could try to get Razer synapse and set up the 7.1 in Surround Pro but i'm not sure if it's free or not.

I got a key for Surround Pro when i registered on Razer's website.

Thanks but ive already got that software, i got it free with my razer deathadder, it dosnt really do anything it just ends up muddying up the sound. I was hoping to not use software to do this like in my last pair of headphones

@MagicBurntToast Have you set it up right? mine sounds really good but then again could just be the headphones.

Here's a screenshot of my settings just in case:

Spoiler

RzSynapse_2017-09-24_11-39-19.png.306b1796902cef1b5c9bfec88109dcdf.pngRzSynapse_2017-09-24_11-39-29.png.08b338e182f203d093bba678bdb41811.pngRzSynapse_2017-09-24_11-39-24.png.1d51ae4baae113ef6adb1bc7da9c5a86.png

the surround sound is just a gimmick that doesn't work great. a good pair of 'normal' headphones are way better

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 minute ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

the surround sound is just a gimmick that doesn't work great. a good pair of 'normal' headphones are way better

will they allow me to hear sounding coming from the right directions ?

and would i need a sound card as i kinda really want to get the superlux HD668B

3 minutes ago, MagicBurntToast said:

you will still hear the sound coming from left and right, thats how we also heared those tings.

i'm not to sure about those headphones, they might do the trick, but the are very cheap so i dont know about the quality.

also no need for a soundcrad if you got onboard sound on your mobo and a 3.5mm jack that is connected to your mobo.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Just now, MagicBurntToast said:

My headphones aren't 7.1 but you can hear where things are coming from.

6 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

My headphones aren't 7.1 but you can hear where things are coming from.

Which ones do you have?

7 minutes ago, Tacanacy said:

Get headphones with a very wide and deep soundstage and good imaging and instrument separation instead of virtual surround sound.

Soundstage is perceived space and environment of sound. It can be compared to virtual surround sound; both attempt to produce the same spacious, three-dimensional effect. VSS can sound more ambient and immersive, which depends on the processor (CMSS-3D, Dolby, SBX, etc.), but it degrades the sound quality and diminishes detailing due to compression from digital processing. You might also experience less accurate imaging and separation if the headphone already has good imaging and separation. Note that a deep soundstage is equally important as a wide soundstage.

Imaging determines how accurately sounds/objects are positioned across the soundstage. And I mean where they are positioned and not merely what direction they come from. This distinction is important because being able to tell only what direction objects come from isn't good enough to me when playing against people. 

Separation is separating individual sounds from a range of sounds. Good separation makes it easier to filter out or discern overlapping sounds from other sounds and track them.

HD668B with velour earpads from HiFiMan has a very wide and deep soundstage and very good imaging, separation, clarity and detail retrieval for online/competitive FPS gaming.

So from all that are you saying i should buy them? and what about the sound card... ive heard that the headphones need more power to drive them. I read the Superlux are 50 Ohm and motherboards only output about 30 ?

1 minute ago, MagicBurntToast said:

Which ones do you have?

all headphones do that. so it doesnt matter which one he has

Just now, Glennieboyyy007 said:

all headphones do that. so it doesnt matter which one he has

My ones dont, they are enclosed and everything sounds wrong in perspective to where they are coming from

@Glennieboyyy007 @MagicBurntToast I have a Hyper X Cloud and i like it.

I'm not an audiophile or anything and also almost deaf to my right ear but i like this headphone because it is very very comfy and it sounds great.

Of course i had to fiddle a lot with the settings such as balance to get a good gaming experience but that's only because of my busted ear. 

4 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

@Glennieboyyy007 @MagicBurntToast I have a Hyper X Cloud and i like it.

I'm not an audiophile or anything and also almost deaf to my right ear but i like this headphone because it is very very comfy and it sounds great.

Of course i had to fiddle a lot with the settings such as balance to get a good gaming experience but that's only because of my busted ear. 

Ok thankyou

6 minutes ago, MagicBurntToast said:

So from all that are you saying i should buy them? and what about the sound card... ive heard that the headphones need more power to drive them. I read the Superlux are 50 Ohm and motherboards only output about 30 ?

1. Ohm is not a indication of the power needed

2. Most motherboards today can output some power from 16 ohm all the way up to 300 or 600 ohm. I say some because they often don't list how much power they output at a given impedance.

3. Use your onboard, it is not worth spending 30-40$ on a soundcard for what 40$ headphones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Tacanacy said:

I don't recommend the Cloud / Cloud II / CloudX; they have a small soundstage, bad imaging and sound very muddy compared to HD668B.

Ok, and what would be better for gaming a 3.5 mm jack or a USB headphone. because everyone said about getting a 3.5mm jack but ive always had fine audio for gaming with usb

7 minutes ago, Tacanacy said:

I don't recommend the Cloud / Cloud II / CloudX; they have a small soundstage, bad imaging and sound very muddy compared to HD668B.

As i said i'm no expert or anything. I'm a simple man with simple needs.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

1. Ohm is not a indication of the power needed

2. Most motherboards today can output some power from 16 ohm all the way up to 300 or 600 ohm. I say some because they often don't list how much power they output at a given impedance.

3. Use your onboard, it is not worth spending 30-40$ on a soundcard for what 40$ headphones.

Eh if the mobo's output impedance is 30 ohms and the HD668B 50, that doesn't spell good.

7 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

Eh if the mobo's output impedance is 30 ohms and the HD668B 50, that doesn't spell good.

well I doubt that it is that high

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

35 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

28 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

well I doubt that it is that high

ok so i should get a sound card then to drive the extra sound potential? 

i was looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EO6X4XG?ref=emc_b_5_t

10 minutes ago, MagicBurntToast said:

ok so i should get a sound card then to drive the extra sound potential? 

i was looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EO6X4XG?ref=emc_b_5_t

what motherboard do you have?

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

what motherboard do you have?

asrock 970 pro3 R2.0

with fx 8350