[Solved]Internet randomly cuts out for a few seconds

HNTRDVDSN

I'm on ethernet and occasionally my internet cuts out for a few seconds and then comes back online. Some days it happens quite frequently and some days it doesn't happen at all. When it cuts out, the network icon on the taskbar shows that it is disconnected.

I have tried reinstalling my network drivers and updating my BIOS. I also tried plugging my PC into a different port on the router. My brother says that he doesn't have this problem, although he sometimes gets lag spikes.

We also recently moved house, and this problem didn't occur at the old place.

My router is the Huawei HG659.

My motherboard is the ASRock Z270 Extreme4.

are u on wireless? sounds like a signal conflict causing packet loss  / signal loss, check with a wifi analyzer to see if ur on a overlapping channel or beeing overlapped

however since i read u plug it in a different port i doubt ur on wireless

in that case it could be signal loss from the wall plug ( where the coax cable is connected to )

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

are u on wireless? sounds like a signal conflict causing packet loss  / signal loss, check with a wifi analyzer to see if ur on a overlapping channel or beeing overlapped

It looks like he's wired. Hence the bit about plugging his PC into a different port on his router :)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It looks like he's wired. Hence the bit about plugging his PC into a different port on his router :)

was still editing post, i tend to post it too quick in some cases haha xD

(◑‿◐)

basicly the solution would be to get a network maintenance guy over, because that signal plug well... u need a special tool to measure the signal strength / wether theres signal loss ect, many ppl been having issues like this and never realised it was their wall plug ( including myself once xD, i dont have the tool either ;c  ) somtimes its as simple as just switching it for a new one tho :o

(◑‿◐)

I'd say if you weren't getting this issue before and, you are using the same setup you had been then your modem is getting a lot of errors and resetting.You can see if the modem is very warm, like warmer than a modem should be. If it's hot then definitely have the provider come out and do a line check. If its a newer line then it may be too long and a powered booster would be a good addition. If it's an older line then the provider should replace it.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old topic, and I solved the problem months ago, but I thought I'd conclude it.

I contacted our provider, who replaced our router for free and that has fixed the problem.