Is there such thing as "reverse bottleneck"?

Matoro
Go to solution Solved by Matoro,

Only @AresKrieger helped, yall dont know anything

1 minute ago, Matoro said:

Only @AresKrieger helped, yall dont know anything

WE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION FIRST geez

you're the only one that doesn't understand what you're asking

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Just now, SquintyG33Rs said:

No you didnt,

all you guys on forums want to know is our specs and then dont say shit or answer just like google

Just now, SquintyG33Rs said:

yeah but bottom line it would take more investigation and it doesn't seem he realizes he has to buy a new system to buy a 7700k

True, it would be more cost effective to do so though I think he had his mind made up and just wanted confirmation that there would be no issue bottleneck wise

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

yeah but bottom line it would take more investigation and it doesn't seem he realizes he has to buy a new system to buy a 7700k

if he lives near a microcentre a 7700k is at 279 and 6600k at 150.I'd say why not upgrade

My life

Is there such thing as "reverse bottleneck"?

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

That's still called a bottleneck.

A bottleneck is where one component holds back another.

2 hours ago, Matoro said:

seriously? that answered the question that was the question

2 hours ago, Himommies said:

if he lives near a microcentre a 7700k is at 279 and 6600k at 150.I'd say why not upgrade

wait how do you know that O_O

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Im in north korea rn so idk

5 minutes ago, Matoro said:

No you didnt,

all you guys on forums want to know is our specs and then dont say shit or answer just like google

An i5 shouldn't really bottleneck a 970 honestly, and the other way around.

When you spurt out "i have an unstable cpu" we're obviously going to ask what the cpu is, as then we could even help just fix your issue so you don't need to upgrade at all.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

16 minutes ago, Matoro said:

My cpu is dogshit I have to upgrade. I am thinking that adding the i7 7700k will future proof it until I get the gtx 1080 ti

Don't upgrade to a 7700k. The 8700k is right around the corner and will give you 50% more threads.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

35 minutes ago, Matoro said:

So while researching the reasons why bottle necking occurs, I wondered if the process of the gpu not getting enough information can be reversed. (If the cpu is faster than the gpu.)

I ask this because I have a gtx 970 and I want to get a i7 7700k.

yes it is possible to neck ur cpu using an high end gpu,   if u were to have for example an AMD SEMPRON and u would play a game that uve got like 30% cpu usage on with a gpu intended for the cpu, but instead ul put a 970-1080gtx on that cpu, itl go straight to 100% cpu usage and it will neck and lag as fuck

however that is extremely difficult to do and only if u take an cpu that is way older then the gpu ( since gpus dont require too much cpu power )

however a quicker CPU then a gpu will never bottleneck, it is only good because it leaves resources for the cpu to render other stuff with

, GPU can neck a CPU tho

(◑‿◐)

27 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

you're the only one that doesn't understand what you're asking

This is a troll post, he's trying to get a rise out of everyone.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Op is retarded. I dont care if you ban me linus. It has to be said.