I need help immediately!! My PC can't find my SSD!

WAR Corporation

Hello,

As the title says, my computer can't find my SSD. I am panicking right now, I don't even know what to do! I've tried to unplug and plug it back to the SSD and the motherboard. I have more sata cables though.

So, I just turned my PC on and then it started with loading the files (with the little circle, you know the normal Windows boot thing) and then it was taking more than 10 seconds (normally it's like 5 seconds) and it just turned off and back again and now I can't find my boot device?!!? Please help me this is urgent!

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

It might be dead.  Try it in another PC

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

are u sure u havent got the ssd in a hotswap sata port? those somtimes dont detect in windows installations

make sure the drive is detected by the bios aswell, if the bios doesnt detect it its probably a controller issue ( with the ssd ofc )

(◑‿◐)

Check bios

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I did check the bios, it hasn't been found :( also I installed my SSD in a different PC (old laptop) and nope

My SSD is dead. Glad I've a WD 320GB HDD laying around :( ffs never buying OCZ SSD ever again :( thanks guys...

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

1 minute ago, WAR Corporation said:

ffs never buying OCZ SSD ever again

How long have you had this SSD? how much storage could it hold and how much space was used up?

I recommend samsung ssd's however there's always a chance of getting a faulty one. So there's no real big reason to say "all OCZ SSDs will break in 'x' amount of time!"

7 minutes ago, WAR Corporation said:

I did check the bios, it hasn't been found :( also I installed my SSD in a different PC (old laptop) and nope

My SSD is dead. Glad I've a WD 320GB HDD laying around :( ffs never buying OCZ SSD ever again :( thanks guys...

i had the same issue with an ocz ssd, i did leave it overnight on the table and it magicly worked again, then it came back a while later i reconnected it several times and it worked again :v  ocz ssd's ... :c  ( maybe urs will work magicly again too :v , mine still runs even to this day xD ), also try blowing out the sata port / powerport connections ( like the good old nintendo systems xD )  doubt itl work but who knows, my ocz did magic too xD

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

How long have you had this SSD? how much storage could it hold and how much space was used up?

Not even 20 says?! Also it's a 240 GB

Probably gonna RMA it tbh. Cant spend any more money with this computer

2 minutes ago, WAR Corporation said:

Not even 20 says?! Also it's a 240 GB

Probably gonna RMA it tbh. Cant spend any more money with this computer

lol not even 20days? RMA instantly then :v, claim an immediate replacement because it was so soon  ( by retailer )

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i had the same issue with an ocz ssd, i did leave it overnight on the table and it magicly worked again, then it came back a while later i reconnected it several times and it worked again :v  ocz ssd's ... :c  ( maybe urs will work magicly again too :v , mine still runs even to this day xD )

Hopefully! Cause It's been only like 20 days since I bought my PC

Also I should mention that once I turn off my PC the Mobo lights don't turn off and I just unplug it from the wall. It may have died because of that. Probs gonna wait 12 hours or somethign... It's just ... I just panicked like... My first PC ...

Hopefully! Cause It's been only like 20 days since I bought my PC

Also I should mention that once I turn off my PC the Mobo lights don't turn off and I just unplug it from the wall. It may have died because of that. Probs gonna wait 12 hours or somethign... It's just ... I just panicked like... My first PC ...

ah just unplugging it cant really harm it, :v think its just the magic ocz failure xD

(◑‿◐)

Also, if this SSD works again I will make a forum post regarding my LED lights since I don't think it's normal that once you turn of f your PC it stays on.

Also, if this SSD works again I will make a forum post regarding my LED lights since I don't think it's normal that once you turn of f your PC it stays on.

that depends on ur powersettings in ur motherboard, there are actually settings that u can keep on the leds when u turn it off ect ( however by default it should fully turn off ) unless u put it to sleep mode o,o, somtimes in those cases they stay on

(◑‿◐)

Yeah... you really shouldn't unplug your pc to "turn it off". Choose shutdown through windows and if you don't want to see your fancy LED lights if they stay on for whatever reason, throw a blanket over your desktop :P

10 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

that depends on ur powersettings in ur motherboard, there are actually settings that u can keep on the leds when u turn it off ect ( however by default it should fully turn off ) unless u put it to sleep mode o,o, somtimes in those cases they stay on

So normally I go to the start menu, shutdown and then it says "shutting down" and the screen goes black, my monitor turns the led from greed to orange and the fans stop blowing. But the lights are still on. No matter if I leave it there for 1 hour

15061061997238649618239385558989.jpg

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Yeah... you really shouldn't unplug your pc to "turn it off". Choose shutdown through windows and if you don't want to see your fancy LED lights if they stay on for whatever reason, throw a blanket over your desktop :P

Normally I do that... Read the post before this one I just posted

So normally I go to the start menu, shutdown and then it says "shutting down" and the screen goes black, my monitor turns the led from greed to orange and the fans stop blowing. But the lights are still on. No matter if I leave it there for 1 hour

15061061997238649618239385558989.jpg

check ur power settings in the motherboard, the states , u can try changing them ( dunno specificly which one would be the leds though ), there IS a setting for it however ( but not on all mobos )

(◑‿◐)

Could you please guide me? I've H270 Gaming Strix Mobo from Asus .. 

1506107038405882231833028845693.jpg

1 minute ago, WAR Corporation said:

Normally I do that... Read the post before this one I just posted

If you throw a blanket over it, it shouldn't be a problem then! Lol, sometimes windows has a tendency to "hibernate" instead of "shut down" in order to make it seem like it's booting faster the next time you push the power button. Look through power settings and your bios to see if you can disable those LEDs.

@NinJake Alright I'm now in advanced mode

15061072590697806313503193193114.jpg

@NinJake Nope, the LEDs are still on. Will you be online for the next 20 mins please ? I'll be right back sorry

34 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I recommend samsung ssd's however there's always a chance of getting a faulty one. So there's no real big reason to say "all OCZ SSDs will break in 'x' amount of time!"

I know someone who had a lightly used 840 EVO die on them

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I know someone who had a lightly used 840 EVO die on them

Yep, which is why I said there's always a chance of getting a faulty one and not to rule out any brand just because of one mishap. I would definitely RMA since it's been 20 days.

At work we ordered some sandisk ssd's, 20 of them actually and 2 were dead on arrival and 1 failed within a week.  Doesn't mean they are bad but you may always get a bad batch. (Or mishandling through warehouse/shippers)

I used to work in a warehouse, I know what it's like lol.