Sensible upgrade to HD668b

RGProductions

I love my 668b's but as usual I crave more. What would you say the first 'sensible' upgrade is?

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Sennheiser hd 598 SR. They are the same as the 598s except they come with the improved headband which does not fall apart after 2 years like my SE's. They are also very cheap compared to when they first came out. Can essentially buy an improved version of ~300 USD headphones for 130 now.

[ Insert computer specs here ]

3 minutes ago, Garfieldyoulazycat said:

Sennheiser hd 598 SR. They are the same as the 598s except they come with the improved headband which does not fall apart after 2 years like my SE's. They are also very cheap compared to when they first came out. Can essentially buy an improved version of ~300 USD headphones for 130 now.

I feel like the Hd series is a bit overhyped, and thus overpriced.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

20 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

I feel like the Hd series is a bit overhyped, and thus overpriced.

I would disagree. Just because they are popular does not mean they are overpriced. I would argue that they are extremely reasonable since they have come down in price in the past few years as they became more popular. These headphones are nearly a decade old and still selling well with only a color change and a headband redo. There are other good brands you can go with but the sweet spot for good headphones I would take a guess at is around ~100. Try looking into brands like Audio technica or AKG for comparable headphones. 

Edit: changed amount from cad to usd.

[ Insert computer specs here ]