Inserting CD everytime you want to play games?

ViciousFate
Go to solution Solved by MedievalMatt,
10 minutes ago, ViciousFate said:

so... I've got my eyes on Middle-earth: shadow of war and on this website in Sweden they offer a steelbook if you pre-order. Thing is it's physical and not with a download code, i think.

My question is if i download the game with the cd will i have to insert it every time i want to play or does the cd download onto steam where i can access it there?

There is a workaround for this also.

You can get freeware that will mount an ISO file as a virtual disc drive.

Then you can get more freeware that extract the contents of the DISC as an ISO.  then you just need to mount the ISO and you can play without using the Disc.

so... I've got my eyes on Middle-earth: shadow of war and on this website in Sweden they offer a steelbook if you pre-order. Thing is it's physical and not with a download code, i think.

My question is if i download the game with the cd will i have to insert it every time i want to play or does the cd download onto steam where i can access it there?

You will most likely get a steam code, and a disc that contains some of the game. 

If it is a steam code (which I will bet it is) you don't have to use the disc everytime you're going to play it

Ryzen 7 1700X | NZXT X52 | EVGA 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix X370-F | 32gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz | 500gb Samsung 960EVO | 2 x 250gb Samsung 840EVO | 3tb Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 850 | NZXT S340 Elite | Acer XB271HU | DELL U3415W | Logitech G810 | Logitech G900 | Logitech G840 | Audio Techinca ATH-M50x | Antlion Modmic 4.0

10 minutes ago, ViciousFate said:

There is a workaround for this also.

You can get freeware that will mount an ISO file as a virtual disc drive.

Then you can get more freeware that extract the contents of the DISC as an ISO.  then you just need to mount the ISO and you can play without using the Disc.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold