The staring contest! (Not really)

BigCake

I am a university student, keep my goals straightforward. Yes I am a functional male(Able to like opposite gender). I am able to control my emotions, meaning if a girl gives me signs of her being interested in me, I am able to control myself as not to approach her and try yo start a relationship. Necessarily because I don't have enough time to invest in a relationship. In a nutshell, currently I am in "not giving a crap" mode. For the sake of question, I believe that I am an average looking guy. Nothing special in me, totally not a shy anymore to opposite gender but now I have confidence(which I lacked before university).

Here is the situation, there is a girl in my university who sometimes stares at me. I am a very curious person wanting to question everything. Here is the most recent event happened. As I was walking down the foot path with two other friends(In university), 'She' was standing about 50m or 70m ahead, all alone. I was just scanning the surroundings when I caught her looking at me. When I caught her, she turned around and stared at her phone until I was about 1 metres away from her(I was just passing by!), she again turned back(facing to my direction) again starring directly at me! I We both stared at each other until I rolled my eyes to somewhere else.

No she wasn't smiling when looking at me.

No she was not waving her hairs.

No I am not looking for a relationship.

Question is, why? Like why would a girl want to stare at me?

Before you guys reply "Go ask her out", nope that will not happen. As mentioned above 2 times and I am an introverted guy, I don't like to start a conversation with some stranger.

she might have a social problem. i am in college and i have a group of friends who all hang out in the living room of a dorm building together, sometimes this kid from upstairs will come down and stand there watching whatever is on the tv. we try to speak to him but he just ignores us and leaves a minute or so later. whenever any of us run into him walking around campus he always stairs at us and refuses to break eye contact or speak to us. its kinda weird but it is what it is. 

next time you walk past her just say hello. see what happens. you can speak to her without the need to enter a romantic relationship. Maybe she just thinks she recognizes you from somewhere

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

4 hours ago, Atalia Chez said:

Here is the situation, there is a girl in my university who sometimes stares at me.

No she wasn't smiling when looking at me.

No she was not waving her hairs.

Same situation in a few lectures, I don't stick around to find out why so oh well.

That girl that keeps staring at you. Is it her by any chance?

Spoiler

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, Atalia Chez said:

blah blah blah

Here is the situation, there is a girl in my university who sometimes stares at me. blah blah blah, surroundings when I caught her looking at me. blah blah, she again turned back(facing to my direction) again starring directly at me!

blah blah blah

Spoiler

staring.jpg.7be10f052d75f7b3d4946775190e3314.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

That girl that keeps staring at you. Is it her by any chance?

Reveal hidden contents

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

Now you have induced 'creepy' face of her.

I think it is best to avoid her. :/

34 minutes ago, Atalia Chez said:

Now you have induced 'creepy' face of her.

I think it is best to avoid her. :/

For Education purpose only

Her name is Liana Morris. She has a sister and she's the younger one. She stopped being the overly attached girlfriend. And even has a YouTube channel under her first name.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

yeah in all honestly, just talk to her. Literally "Hey i got some time between class would you like to chill on the lawn" She knows she's been starting if she runs off she'll prob stop staring and avoid you from embarrassment, if she agree's you may have made a new friend, not every girl you talk tneed you need to date, but never say no to making friends.

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

She might just think you are cute and has a crush and is admiring you from afar way too much. Cant say I did not do the same before when there was nothing else to do in uni! Guys can oogle at girls so we sure as heck can do the same :P 

Not everyone is mature enough yet at that age to know how to handle their feelings~

Maybe she thinks you look weird. I always stare at weird looking people. Not in a bad way, they just stick out 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

3 hours ago, Clockwork_princess said:

Maybe she thinks you look weird. I always stare at weird looking people. Not in a bad way, they just stick out 

Yeah I thought so. Shit, I might be a weird lookin 'dood'. :D

5 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

yeah in all honestly, just talk to her. Literally "Hey i got some time between class would you like to chill on the lawn" She knows she's been starting if she runs off she'll prob stop staring and avoid you from embarrassment, if she agree's you may have made a new friend, not every girl you talk tneed you need to date, but never say no to making friends.

I mentioned above, I am an introverted person, starting conversation with her would be extremely awkward for me. Moreover, I am SST(School of system and technology) and she is most probably from arts? I have no idea who she is, but in the last semester we had a common English class.

I now believe that I am just a weird looking dude to some girls. :)