Can't post new topics - content box won't show up

DXMember

Can't type content when creating a new topic

hIdv3ui.png

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Why IE11?

4 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Why IE11?

it has the narrowest title/navigation bar for maximum content height and the most sane and working shortcuts

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

it has the narrowest title/navigation bar for maximum content height and the most sane and working shortcuts

Perhaps you should try Vivaldi and put the tabs to the left or right.

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

@DXMember please confirm that this and the topic view issue are now resolved.

I believe it is fixed.

12 hours ago, DXMember said:

Really, this is how you decided on that browser?  That's like picking a GT 210 over a 1080 Ti because it had the smallest form factor.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Really, this is how you decided on that browser?  That's like picking a GT 210 over a 1080 Ti because it had the smallest form factor.

browser is for viewing web content - the smaller the browser is the more content you can view the better

GPU is for compute power, if GT 210 could do more compute than 1080Ti then yeah - I'd pick that

13 hours ago, DXMember said:

browser is for viewing web content - the smaller the browser is the more content you can view the better

GPU is for compute power, if GT 210 could do more compute than 1080Ti then yeah - I'd pick that

I was making an analogy in hopes that it would be the shortest way to convey a lot of information but you've missed it so I'll explain this all point for point.

Of all the possible characteristics upon which you could select a browser, the thickness of the top bar has got to be one of the least important things I can think of.  How about security, reliability, speed, extension support, or - and this is a big one - proper support for modern web standards?

You said earlier in another thread that "by choosing to not support a certain browser you don't choose to not support a single user, you choose to not support an entire user group - it is not the users responsibility to choose the right browser".  While at face value that's true, the context in which you've used it demonstrates some incorrect assumptions and misunderstandings.

The Internet works because there are various standards that all websites agree to use the same way, and all browsers agree to handle the same way.  That is, except some.  Poorly made and/or out of date browsers, like IE11, do not fall into this category.  They simply do not support the modern standards the web is built on.  Now, you are free to choose whichever browser you want, but if you intentionally pick one that doesn't wok properly, any issues you run into are on you and you alone.  It's not up to every website to put extra effort into trying to fix a broken browser.  Mortis has chosen to do so out of the goodness of his heart but there was absolutely no responsibility or reason that we should have to.  And before you say "well IE used to work fine, the update broke it", that's because either a) the old forum was not using all the modern web features it could have, and/or b) mortis made special customizations to the last site as well.

Furthermore, consider the implications of your assertion that users should be able to just pick whatever they feel like and developers should bend over backward to make it work.  First of all, where do you draw the line?  IE9?  IE6?  Spry mosaic?  Second, it's fundamentally absurd.  Each product, whether it's a physical item or software, is capable of a certain set of things, and no more.  Not only is it unreasonable to expect others to magically enhance this list of capabilities, but it may also be simply impossible.  You wouldn't expect a 486 to run Crysys 3, just as you shouldn't expect every website to work perfectly with a browser that does not support all the modern standards, like IE11.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.