Reinstalling/moving windows with different hardware

Opencircuit74

So I built a computer a while ago based on the pentium g4560. It uses an 80GB ssd for most of my applications (including windows), while the hdd stores my games and other large files. I want to sell my motherboard, ssd, and CPU to buy a ryzen 5 CPU and mobo. I really want to know if there is a way to put all of my stuff onto the hdd without having to reinstall or do a fresh install. Thanks!

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

Just plug it into your ryzen computer, and it should boot properly, might need some minutes to download drivers but it should work. 

Until it crashes and burns, you are really better off installing windows again. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

Just plug it into your ryzen computer, and it should boot properly, might need some minutes to download drivers but it should work. 

Until it crashes and burns, you are really better off installing windows again. 

That's they catch. I plan on selling some of the parts off my computer so I can replace it with ryzen.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

Backup all your data on the old system, then reinstall windows. It will crash very badly eventually. Probably with filesystem errors, causing you to loose all your data. Better to do it right from the beginning.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

not to piss on yr party but u would be miles better off buying a i5 7600k or i7 7700k and upgrading yr sdd and then saving that money or buying a better gpu or case psu or somthing also i dont think u would have to reinstall windows or any of that bs with just a cpu upgrade (someone correct me if am wrong)

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

2 minutes ago, CatXice said:

not to piss on yr party but u would be miles better off buying a i5 7600k or i7 7700k and upgrading yr sdd and then saving that money or buying a better gpu or case psu or somthing

I have 2 r7 240s that suit my needs quite well, but I know that ryzen would be a really nice upgrade for my PC, and the new Motherboard would finally fit into my case. I really don't want to upgrade to an i5 or 7 because overclocking, USB 3.1 10 gbit, awesome cooler, and the 6c/12t. 

2 minutes ago, CatXice said:

not to piss on yr party but u would be miles better off buying a i5 7600k or i7 7700k and upgrading yr sdd and then saving that money or buying a better gpu or case psu or somthing

Yeah I highly doubt he would be better off buying a i5...and if hes telling us he cant afford a r5 without selling his other components, an i7 is off the charts.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, Opencircuit74 said:

I have 2 r7 240s that suit my needs quite well, but I know that ryzen would be a really nice upgrade for my PC, and the new Motherboard would finally fit into my case.

i mean do what u want its your pc just an idea as it would be much cheap to just upgrade the cpu and if yr mobo dont fit in yr case for what ever reason u could just buy a new case? which would still be cheaper 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Yeah I highly doubt he would be better off buying a i5...and if hes telling us he cant afford a r5 without selling his other components, an i7 is off the charts.

ye but he would also not be buying a mobo in the uk a 1600 is 190 and a 7600k is 200 but the i5 he dont have to buy a mobo so theres 100 back to him?

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Just now, CatXice said:

ye but he would also not be buying a mobo 

I would be making money on everything I sell except the mobo. I bought the ssd for a really good deal for 15 dollars, and the g4560 has gone up 20, even refurb ones.

Just now, CatXice said:

ye but he would also not be buying a mobo 

But if he just tries to sell a cpu, ram and ssd separately, he will most likely lose money.  A complete new processor is a better option than wasting $225 on an i5

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

6 minutes ago, Opencircuit74 said:

I would be making money on everything I sell except the mobo. I bought the ssd for a really good deal for 15 dollars, and the g4560 has gone up 20, even refurb ones.

6 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

But if he just tries to sell a cpu, ram and ssd separately, he will most likely lose money.  A complete new processor is a better option than wasting $225 on an i5

ok what am trying to say here that just upgrading the cpu would be cheaper and he would not have to reinstall windows and if yr mobo dont fit yr case u could just go out and buy a a nicer case that suits yr needs properly the money u would spend on a mobo spend on a new case? 

if u spent the same amount staying intel u dont have to reinstall windows thats all just saves the ball ache of doing it cause either way u have to rebuild the pc which ever option u prefer 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Just now, CatXice said:

ok what am trying to say here that just upgrading the cpu would be cheaper and he would not have to reinstall windows and if yr mobo dont fit yr case u could just go out and buy a a nicer case that suits yr needs properly the money u would spend on a mobo spend on a new case? 

if u spent the same amount staying intel u dont have to reinstall windows thats all just saves the ball ache of doing it cause either way u have to rebuild the pc 

If he has to rebuild the pc anyways, what's the big deal with reinstalling something as simple as windows when he will get better all around performance with ryzen?

My current rig:

Just now, hconverse02 said:

If he has to rebuild the pc anyways, what's the big deal with reinstalling something as simple as windows when he will get better all around performance with ryzen?

if he dont change the mobo and just the cpu then he dont have to do that but thats his choice and ryzen is only better for heavy work loads that will use all the cores if he dose not do anything that will use all the cores of ryzen then intel is better as gaming intel is still a clear victory in that place only 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

5 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

The mobo I have is a micro atx, and looks like crap in my s340. Ryzen offers better all around performance, and has a more secure platform. The one I am on is already old, while ryzen's am4 platform will be good for a couple of years. I'm backing up on my hdd so I can delete everything off my ssd and sell it to get a ryzen CPU. Why not stay intel? AMD is offering more per dollar, and is more appealing. Also, I don't really need a lightning fast boot or anything.

11 minutes ago, Opencircuit74 said:

can i ask what u use yr system for thats the thing that u should be making yr choice on

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

1 minute ago, Opencircuit74 said:

The mobo I have is a micro atx, and looks like crap in my s340. Ryzen offers better all around performance, and has a more secure platform. The one I am on is already old, while ryzen's am4 platform will be good for a couple of years. I'm backing up on my hdd so I can delete everything off my ssd and sell it to get a ryzen CPU. Why not stay intel? AMD is offering more per dollar, and is more appealing. Also, I don't really need a lightning fast boot or anything.

every thing u just said is true sort of it depends on what your using yr system for if its gaming and web stay intel if your going to be doing heavy work loads like photo editing and things like that go amd

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

10 minutes ago, CatXice said:

every thing u just said is true sort of it depends on what your using yr system for if its gaming and web stay intel if your going to be doing heavy work loads like photo editing and things like that go amd

You're right about gaming and how intel offers more, but I'm not a huge gamer and never will be. I make the most out of my crap hardware, and a GPU upgrade doesn't really seem justified. Yeah, an R7 240 may really suck, but I don't pay attention to the minimum requirements and OC it to 1110 from 780. The upgrade to ryzen seems more best suited for me, since the g4560 is more of a budget gaming CPU.

Just now, Opencircuit74 said:

You're right about gaming and how intel offers more, but I'm not a huge gamer and never will be. I make the most out of my crap hardware, and a GPU upgrade doesn't really seem justified. Yeah, an R7 240 may really suck, but I don't pay attention to the minimum requirements and OC it to 1110 from 780. The upgrade to ryzen seems more best suited for me, since the g4560 is more of a budget gaming CPU.

its a personal choice am just throwing the option in there if u only game u will be better off long term with intel as u get more power out of it in gaming and its cheaper then the 1600x atm

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)