Any way to get US prices for laptops in Australia?

Hey guys just wondering if there is a way to get laptops in Australia for the price of laptops in the US and Canada. We have a huge markup (as an example the ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH5Q is like 779 USD on Amazon but it is $1119.5 USD if you convert the Australian price from AUD to USD)

4 minutes ago, Feng Fury said:

Hey guys just wondering if there is a way to get laptops in Australia for the price of laptops in the US and Canada. We have a huge markup (as an example the ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH5Q is like 779 USD on Amazon but it is $1119.5 USD if you convert the Australian price from AUD to USD)

rent an apartment in the USA move in that apartment problem solved

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

rent an apartment in the USA move in that apartment problem solved

Hell yes move to California with me thanks

Just now, Feng Fury said:

but in all seriousness though is there a way?

no even when you order from the USA you have a big chance of running into warranty problems

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

no even when you order from the USA you have a big chance of running into warranty problems

only if pricing was correct in Australia :(:(:(:(:(:(:( 

The markup is there for a reason. Shipping, import duty, GST and so forth.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

23 minutes ago, Feng Fury said:

only if pricing was correct in Australia :(:(:(:(:(:(:( 

fuck me man!

You live in a great country. I would trade high prices any day if I could live there. Germany sucks but I have to stay a few more years

Australia has a higher average wage than the US does anyway. but as @HKZeroFive said. Import duty, GST (which taxes generally are not included in the displayed price of most American things anyway.

The main reason being that stores in Australia, whether it be online or brick and mortar don't generally deal directly with the manufacturers, they have to go through a supplier which is based either in the country of the manufacturer, or in some other country.

For example, every EVGA product sold in Australia is supplied by Multimedia Technology Pty Ltd. They deal directly with EVGA and then distribute the products to the stores that will stock the units for retail sale. An individual cannot purchase directly from a supplier, so the supplier will get the products from EVGA for the wholesale price, plus whatever percentage/fees associated with the transaction. Then, let's say MWave wish to obtain the products to sell, they contact MMT and request an amount of units. MMT will then charge them their cost price plus x% so they make a profit and stay in business. Mwave will then sell it for their cost price plus x% to the consumer so they make a profit and stay in business.

When dealing with stuff like this, it's never as easy as just doing a USD to AUD conversion and nor should it be. Again, we in Australia have a higher average wage than the US. so while it may look cheaper it ends up very similar. For example the average Australian wage is around $70,300, the US is $44,300. so around 37% higher. then lets take your figures for the Laptop $1119 vs 779 which is 31% higher. So effectively Australia is 6% better off on average even with those prices

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒