This is why you shouldn't spend too much on SSD right now.

minervx

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

It's 3 years away, title is clickbait, and no content, just a link. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

The real reason is prices are inflated due to a global nand shortage so if you buy now, you're overspending compared to what you'll be able to get in a few years, or even a year ago

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Why do I care? ADATA SU800, SK Hynix SL308, WD Blue, Crucial MX300 are all cheaper than Samsung and performs similarly or offer more storage for money

lets be real, if you don't have a boot ssd and are on windows 10 you NEED ONE, regardless the price, this only means don't buy an HDD for your games if you can wait as SSD'd will come down in price to where you can put your whole collection onto SSD's for about the same price point in a few years.

also clickbait tile is clickbait and this should be in the NEWS section and formatted as required by the news section.

13 minutes ago, minervx said:

This is far from happening, and the other thing is, they're talking about current 1TB HDD prices.  This means they're talking $50-$60.  In 3 years, 1TB HDD's will probably be $30-$40.  So this could be completely false.

3 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

This is far from happening, and the other thing is, they're talking about current 1TB HDD prices.  This means they're talking $50-$60.  In 3 years, 1TB HDD's will probably be $30-$40.  So this could be completely false.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

I'm very confused..

SSD's are targeting current HDD pricing at 1TB, not the price they will be when SSD's finally reach this price, hence the shooting where he WAS.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

SSD's are targeting current HDD pricing at 1TB, not the price they will be when SSD's finally reach this price, hence the shooting where he WAS.

OHHH.  I get it now.  Thanks for the clarification.

4 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

OHHH.  I get it now.  Thanks for the clarification.

Yes.

Also, it's worth noting that the sweetspot for HDDs pricing is around 4 TB at the moment, and as time goes on, that will only drift upward, making 1 TB drives increasing "inefficient" in terms of $/GB, since regardless of capacity thee is a certain base price they need to sell it at to cover manufacturing, packaging, shipping, etc.

9 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Also I feel like this could apply to any piece of technology.

Why get X hardware when in 3 years, you can get the same performance for less?

Yeah that's always true but it's especially painful when you could have had the "same performance for less" 1 year ago (maybe not exactly but you get what I mean)

I'm just saying, buy what you need for the near future.  500-1000 GB of it right now is not the best idea because you may end up not using all of it and by the time you do need it, prices would likely be reduced significantly.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

11 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Why do I care? ADATA SU800, SK Hynix SL308, WD Blue, Crucial MX300 are all cheaper than Samsung and performs similarly or offer more storage for money

You're talking about a $10 dollar difference and I'm talking about a $50-100 difference but sure why not.

10 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Also I feel like this could apply to any piece of technology.

Why get X hardware when in 3 years, you can get the same performance for less?

Any?

Coolers, power supplies, mice, keyboards and cases haven't been obsolete.

Vintage (good) CPU's have been getting strong resale value 

RAM and GPU will get cheaper over time, but over the next few years, they have a massive hurdle to overcome.

If anything, SSD is probably the main thing that's poised to go down.