What should I upgrade for my pc?

I was looking to get some advice on what to upgrade in my PC. I am looking to upgrade any part with a total of around 350 American Dollars or roughly 420 Canadian dollars. I am providing a screenshot of a few of my specs.

GPU: Radeon RX XFX 460

CPU: i5 650 3.2 GHZ

Ram: 8 GB

Motherboard: CG5275

Thanks for any help in advanced. 

Capture.PNG

34 minutes ago, Zakkypoo said:

I was looking to get some advice on what to upgrade in my PC. I am looking to upgrade any part with a total of around 350 American Dollars or roughly 420 Canadian dollars. I am providing a screenshot of a few of my specs.

GPU: Radeon RX XFX 460

CPU: i5 650 3.2 GHZ

Ram: 8 GB

Motherboard: CG5275

Thanks for any help in advanced. 

Capture.PNG

It's quite a difficult task to upgrade what you have now.

Some will say to upgrade the whole PC, to which I agree.

If you want to upgrade the GPU you might find yourself in a bottleneck situation with your CPU. If you want to upgrade the CPU and keep the GPU you might find that there will be no fps increase due to GPU limitation. If you want to upgrade both you'll go over budget and will find yourself in the fist situation presented, upgrading the whole PC.

I would say, sell this one and add all the money you have and look from there a new PC based on R3 1200.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Do you have an SSD? Best bang for buck upgrade possible.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 hour ago, Zakkypoo said:

-snip-

To what purpose do you want to upgrade it for? Be it gaming, or photo/video editing? Or both?

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

1 hour ago, Zakkypoo said:

;)

I'd buy a used Sandy Bridge i7 system and either throw in your GPU or buy a used 7950 or 970 or something like that and throw it in.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

20 hours ago, Klovnious said:

To what purpose do you want to upgrade it for? Be it gaming, or photo/video editing? Or both?

Just gaming.

20 hours ago, chasebh89 said:

For $350 you'll be pressed to find good parts. You could try second hand, buying Craigslist "gaming" computers and stripping out the useful parts, but that comes with an inherent risk. You can scrum around discount sites but for your budget you wont be able to get much. I'd improve the processor and RAM if you're able. Or a good motherboard will go a long way to improve customization and a little bit of performance

I was thinking towards a better Motherboard. Thank you for the advice. 

20 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

;)

I'd buy a used Sandy Bridge i7 system and either throw in your GPU or buy a used 7950 or 970 or something like that and throw it in.

I'll look at those, thanks for the options!

What case and PSU do you have? Also, storage? What monitor(s) are you using?

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

On 9/13/2017 at 7:07 AM, Thermosman said:

The cpu, maybe look at ryzen 1600

At this point, he'll need a new motherboard too and he may as well just build from scratch.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

On 9/14/2017 at 4:45 AM, Sanctorum said:

What case and PSU do you have? Also, storage? What monitor(s) are you using?

Thermaltake TR2 430W, 2 Terabit WDC. I am running a basic acer 1920x1080 Monitor, with a Samsung TV.