Best Earbuds around $30-40

Caleb SF

I recently owned a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II, they worked fairly well for how much they were. They randomly stopped working after 2 years. 

What are the best earbuds available for around $30-40?

My Preferences: 

- I don't like huge earbuds that stick real far out

- I do like some bass 

- Noise Dampening (the CX 300-II were supposedly)

When my CX-300-II broke after a couple of months, I did a warranty claim and got a pair of CX-3.00. 

They are good for the price I paid for the CX-300-II, but they lack bass. They do a fairly decent job of blocking noise.

but they are a bit out of your price range (unless you can find them on sale).

The best value headphones I ever got were $25 NZ from a local electronics retailer that was shutting down. They were pretty decent headphones, a bit worse than the CX-3.00. I can't remember the brand, but could take a photo of the box when I get home if you want.

Also, I noticed you had tagged this thread bose. DO NOT buy anything bose if you want something that is value for money. Every bose thing I have ever seen has been laughable, and more expensive than something considerably better. Sure they sound better than stuff they are placed against in best buy etc, but are no match for other products at a similar price point.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Honestly, I say go for the Marshall Mode. I am sure that they're $40 on Amazon right now. 

They have fun (but not sloppy) bass, smooth treble and forward vocals. They kinda have that dark mellow Sennheiser sound that's easy on the ears.  

As someone else said, you can look into KZ earbuds. 

The issue with KZ earbuds is that they stick out of the ear a lot and they have boosted treble. So they can be fatiguing. 

However, there is one KZ earbuds you might like, the ED7. But the Marshall is easily the best option .

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

Honestly, I say go for the Marshall Mode. I am sure that they're $40 on Amazon right now. 

They have fun (but not sloppy) bass, smooth treble and forward vocals. They kinda have that dark mellow Sennheiser sound that's easy on the ears.  

As someone else said, you can look into KZ earbuds. 

The issue with KZ earbuds is that they stick out of the ear a lot and they have boosted treble. So they can be fatiguing. 

However, there is one KZ earbuds you might like, the ED7. But the Marshall is easily the best option .

Most all of the earbuds from KZ have good reviews. I just have 2 problems with them. They're all big and the 2 pronged connector seems like it would be flimsy/ break easily.

I always end up going on head-fi and looking through their reviews of sub-$100 chinese earbuds.

I really liked my Fidue A65's, which are pretty cheap on amazon.  My go-to cheapo's are DUNU Trident's, which are all-metal and sound better than a $20 earbud has any reason to.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.