Looking for a new monitor, need some advice and suggestions.

idiocracy

I'm looking for a new monitor, right now i have a dell u2414h.

My criterias are.

Between 25" to 27", IPS or equivalent, 1440p resolution, minimum of 75Hz(prefer higher), HDR(10bit goes with HDR right?), VESA compatible, no gsync(too expensive).

Nope....Just nope.

4 minutes ago, idiocracy said:

I'm looking for a new monitor, right now i have a dell u2414h.

My criterias are.

Between 25" to 27", IPS or equivalent, 1440p resolution, minimum of 75Hz(prefer higher), HDR(10bit goes with HDR right?), VESA compatible, no gsync(too expensive).

Such a Monitor doesn't exist.

The size, veza mount, resolution and frequency are not a problem, but they only come with a maximum of 8bit + FRC and therefor nor HDR.

The closest I was able to find are:

• Acer CB1 CB271HU
  • Samsung C27HG70
  • BenQ PV270 (Incredibly expensive)

12 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Such a Monitor doesn't exist.

The size, veza mount, resolution and frequency are not a problem, but they only come with a maximum of 8bit + FRC and therefor nor HDR.

The closest I was able to find are:

• Acer CB1 CB271HU
  • Samsung C27HG70
  • BenQ PV270 (Incredibly expensive)

Thanks for the suggestions. But i see what you mean. CB271HU is a 60hz monitor and i'd like around 100hz for gaming, don't need more than that and it also get's expensive quickly.

C27HG70 is curved and has no VESA mount. PV270 is really expensive. The reason i wanted HDR support is because it will be the future, so might as well future-proof once self. But maybe i should just keep the one i have for another year and hope something better will be released.

Nope....Just nope.

6 minutes ago, idiocracy said:

Thanks for the suggestions. But i see what you mean. CB271HU is a 60hz monitor and i'd like around 100hz for gaming, don't need more than that and it also get's expensive quickly.

C27HG70 is curved and has no VESA mount. PV270 is really expensive. The reason i wanted HDR support is because it will be the future, so might as well future-proof once self. But maybe i should just keep the one i have for another year and hope something better will be released.

Monitors are improving very quickly.

I'm sure if you give it another year, maybe around CES, you'll find a lot more and better Options.

Btw:
CB271HU is 75Hz. You probably mixed it up with the CB271HB.

C27HG70 has a VESA mount. It Comes with an adapter.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:06 AM, idiocracy said:

Just FYI there is only like 1 monitor that supports HDR and it's like $2000 or something. Pretty much all other HDR monitors are just normal monitors and just claim "HDR" anyway, because HDR is not a trademark or anything, and has no defined meaning. So whether or not you buy an "HDR" monitor, you're not really getting it either way, so I wouldn't bother with it on your search criteria.

MG279Q is a good all-around 1440p 144 Hz IPS monitor.

On 13/9/2017 at 5:06 PM, Glenwing said:

MG279Q is a good all-around 1440p 144 Hz IPS monitor.

On 13/9/2017 at 5:31 PM, L.Lawliet said:

like @Glenwing said...no monitor nowadays can truly support HDR[...]2

Thanks both of you. That 279 looks alright.

Nope....Just nope.