Can't update windows 10, looking for ISO

MightyHammer

just put together a new build (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zwbRcc) and installed a version of windows 10 that was a bit too old (probably the first release) I wasn't really worried since I can just update it through windows update but since then I'm having tons of issue with built in windows update and windows 10 update assistance, from stuck download and repeated installing of same patches

Right now I'm searching for a legit way to download the latest windows 10 ISO which is version 1703 creator edition, I tried Microsoft media creation tool but it was stuck at 0% for quite a while.

TL;DR.

I need a legit site where I can download windows 10 ISO latest version other than MS

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

media creation tool should work. 

unfortunately it didn't, was stuck at 0% for some reason

Just now, Majestic said:

Did you try it on a different USB stick, on a different PC maybe?

didn't try different pc actually, I can do that it will just take some time to contact a friend.  

6 minutes ago, MightyHammer said:

unfortunately it didn't, was stuck at 0% for some reason

When using the Windows Media Creation Tool, make sure that ALL drives are disconnected from the motherboard with the exception of the drive that you will install Windows onto.  Also, try to put the USB with the Creation Tool on it into a USB 2.0 slot if possible.  Sometimes the Tool just does not like USB 3.0 or USB 3.1.

So at the time of install you should only have the USB with the Windows Media Creation Tool and the drive that will be drive C: connected to the motherboard.  Of course you will need your keyboard, mouse and video but only the one drive.

During the process, completely wipe the drive, initialize, format, etc., so the tool installs a fresh, clean copy of Windows 10 on the drive.

If you have to wait during the install process, that's okay.  Just hang in there and it should complete just fine.

And use a USB that is greater than 4gigs.

Edited by kb5zue
forgot usb size.

Eh, I downloaded the 1703 update with this tool. It basically accesses all different windows versions from semi official servers, from what I understand.

Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You can get the ISO here, then run the ISO. Its basically the same thing Windows update does.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

7 minutes ago, YedZed said:

Eh, I downloaded the 1703 update with this tool. It basically accesses all different windows versions from semi official servers, from what I understand.

did you do a clean install or used it to update?

21 minutes ago, MightyHammer said:

just put together a new build (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zwbRcc) and installed a version of windows 10 that was a bit too old (probably the first release) I wasn't really worried since I can just update it through windows update but since then I'm having tons of issue with built in windows update and windows 10 update assistance, from stuck download and repeated installing of same patches

Right now I'm searching for a legit way to download the latest windows 10 ISO which is version 1703 creator edition, I tried Microsoft media creation tool but it was stuck at 0% for quite a while.

TL;DR.

I need a legit site where I can download windows 10 ISO latest version other than MS

See below tool.

Otherwise: Build 1703 Windows 10 International English

5 minutes ago, YedZed said:

You can get the ISO here, then run the ISO. Its basically the same thing Windows update does.

1 minute ago, Windspeed36 said:

See below tool.

Otherwise: Build 1703 Windows 10 International English

I find it to be the one of the most useful tools out there. Thanks!

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

12 minutes ago, Majestic said:

running the tool as administrator can also sometimes fix problems. 

it actually worked 2% now