Crt for competitive games

Hi,

I cant afford a new 144 hz lcd monitor so I decided to use my old lg eb700f does anybody knows it? Is it any good as a crt? 

It can handle 85hz at 1024x768 resolution as preset but I can t find anywhere on the internet it s max refresh rate which should be higer than 85hz at that resolution, I d like to get at least 100hz which is the minimum framerate that my pc produces, should I play at lower res?

Oh crt are almost free nowadays can u suggest me a good one that can handle high refresh rate at decent resolution without explode?

I know crt are bad for ur eyes but I can t rly play whit my current monitor which has 8 sec imput lag and 60 hz.

You might be able to essentially get them for free but there is little point in suggesting a particular model as you will be paying normal prices for them even if you can still order them. It's highly unlikely that you will be able to get the exact model when hunting for free/super cheap offers. 

Your best bet would be to just wait until you have some money on standby and hunt a high refresh monitor down on eBay. I know it's not exactly cheap but I managed to get 144hz G Sync 27 inch monitor for less than £200. If I didn't care about G Sync and was willing to go down in size a little (i.e only care about refresh rate) I could easily pick one up very cheaply at some point. 

You could also do a 'wanted' on your local Craigslist type site for a high refresh rate monitor. If CRT is still your thing then you could also just say that you're happy to have even CRT if it is high refresh. Personally I would just avoid CRT now... although I do miss swiping static off of my screen on power up ;) 

You can get one for free if you,

1: Find someone that is ether carrying a flat-screen monitor/TV to their vehicle, or has said monitor/TV in their vehicle.

2: Stalk them, don't worry about being creepy, just think about that sweet sweet electromagnetic radiation, that you will be constantly bombarded with once you have your CRT.

3: Once they reach their house, insist on helping them with their new monitor/TV, don't take no for an answer.  USE VIOLENCE IF NECESSARY.

4: After helping them, demand their old monitor/TV as compensation.  Again, USE VIOLENCE IF NECESSARY.

5: ?????

6: PROFIT!

Do not question these methods, they are flawless!

1 hour ago, Zebedeeboing said:

Your best bet would be to just wait until you have some money on standby and hunt a high refresh monitor down on eBay. I know it's not exactly cheap but I managed to get 144hz G Sync 27 inch monitor for less than £200. If I didn't care about G Sync and was willing to go down in size a little (i.e only care about refresh rate) I could easily pick one up very cheaply at some point. 

totaly agree with you, a modern monitor would be the best idea, anyway the crt is just a temporary solution till I ll graduate (march).

51 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Do not question these methods, they are flawless!

you win man

well I guess I ll try my old LG and see how it goes

just realized I m in the wrong section, sorry.