Old Windows activation on new build.

sprunk

Hey guys. Just about to build my new PC to replace my old sandy bridge system. Just wondering if my copy of Windows 10 will activate on the new build. It was a copy of windows 7 that was upgraded so I'm not sure if it will work or not. Sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times on here before it has been a long time since if had to deal with this stuff. Also if I have to get a new copy where is the cheapest place to get a legit copy of windows online?

Thanks guys

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if that doesnt work (it didnt for me when I rebuilt 2 days ago) there's always software that emulates the windows verification.  Can't go into any detail at all on this forum but yeah just some googling will find you what you might need.  

12 minutes ago, Ashe said:

if that doesnt work (it didnt for me when I rebuilt 2 days ago) there's always software that emulates the windows verification.  Can't go into any detail at all on this forum but yeah just some googling will find you what you might need.  

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, sprunk said:

Hey guys. Just about to build my new PC to replace my old sandy bridge system. Just wondering if my copy of Windows 10 will activate on the new build. It was a copy of windows 7 that was upgraded so I'm not sure if it will work or not. Sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times on here before it has been a long time since if had to deal with this stuff. Also if I have to get a new copy where is the cheapest place to get a legit copy of windows online?

Thanks guys

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

It will Work...?