Razer laptop fan rattle

mtwest

Have 10-ish month old Razer and starting to notice that the fans are starting to exhibit a metal/mechanical clicking noise to them when in "Quiet Mode". As if the fan isn't rotating smoothly on the bearings or something like that. Anybody else had this problem? Thermals seem fine, but as is the case with Razer's machines, the fans spin a LOT, so they get a decent amount of use and wear. Just trying to make sure I am not tilting at windmills and if something is wrong, to deal with Razer support before the warranty is up.

Now you know why Razer laptop sucks.

I suggest you to return it, however, have fun dealing with Razer support as their support is bad

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I have had nothing but good interactions with Razer's support service to be honest. And the noise could just be the reflected sounded reverberating off the desk I have the laptop on. Just was asking the community if anyone else had heard of similar issues. Thats all.

45 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Now you know why Razer laptop sucks.

I suggest you to return it, however, have fun dealing with Razer support as their support is bad

I've always thought of Razer's systems, especially the more recent Blade Stealths, as excellent machines with really good, durable construction. Right up there with the XPS 13 on my personal "Best Ultrabooks Ever" list.

41 minutes ago, mtwest said:

I have had nothing but good interactions with Razer's support service to be honest. And the noise could just be the reflected sounded reverberating off the desk I have the laptop on. Just was asking the community if anyone else had heard of similar issues. Thats all.

Have you tried opening it up to see if anything has become loose?