possible corruption

man_named_corn

So i just added a 2Tb drive to my computer a couple of days ago. i was doing a fresh install of windows and was going to put my games on it, and i did now when i turned on my computer this morning and opened steam all of the games sayed  "not installed" when i looked in the drive all of the files where still there for the games. what do i do 

Steam support was no help 

10 minutes ago, man_named_corn said:

So i just added a 2Tb drive to my computer a couple of days ago. i was doing a fresh install of windows and was going to put my games on it, and i did now when i turned on my computer this morning and opened steam all of the games sayed  "not installed" when i looked in the drive all of the files where still there for the games. what do i do 

and did you come from a multi drive system?

13 minutes ago, man_named_corn said:

quit steam and reopen, or reboot your pc, I believe ive had a similar issue before, maybe reset the HDD again, or just try to reinstall games. your question was worded a little odd so i dont know exactly what your problem is

6 minutes ago, tekgeek1205 said:

single drive system?

SSd for windows and frequently used files. 

HDD for games and other applications 

4 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

quit steam and reopen, or reboot your pc, I believe ive had a similar issue before, maybe reset the HDD again, or just try to reinstall games. your question was worded a little odd so i dont know exactly what your problem is

These screen caps may help you 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

5 minutes ago, man_named_corn said:

These screen caps may help you 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Ok. perhaps for some weird reason steam might have reset something and doesnt recognize your steam folder is on a diff HDD if you switched where it was.just to make sure try this:

click steam on the top left corner

click settings

click downloads

click steam library folders

make sure steam recognizes the library folder on that drive

I no longer have 2 drives (I lost one to a rootkit) so I cant look replicate what im saying completely to verify, but thats a good starting point and if you have any technical know-how, you should be able to figure shit out.

5 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

Ok. perhaps for some weird reason steam might have reset something and doesnt recognize your steam folder is on a diff HDD if you switched where it was.just to make sure try this:

click steam on the top left corner

click settings

click downloads

click steam library folders

make sure steam recognizes the library folder on that drive

I no longer have 2 drives (I lost one to a rootkit) so I cant look replicate what im saying completely to verify, but thats a good starting point and if you have any technical know-how, you should be able to figure shit out.

I never changed the location of the SteamLibrary 

i would think steam is quite confused. I would delete everything in all your steam folders except the folder with your games (steamapps\common\). Re-install steam to the E: drive. then move your games to the correct location (steam install folder\steamapps\common) if steam creates a new folder. when you go to install the game, it will scan that folder first.

Just now, tekgeek1205 said:

i would think steam is quite confused. I would delete everything in all your steam folders except the folder with your games (steamapps\common\). Re-install steam to the E: drive. then move your games to the correct location (steam install folder\steamapps\common) if steam creates a new folder. when you go to install the game, it will scan that folder first.

ok ill try that 

also change your drive letters so the system drive is C: programs like to me in C:

The system drive is C but i am not going to put the games on my E drive 

yeah, realized that after i posted

so what your saying is that I should delete the steam client and all the files it created except for the commons folder 

8 minutes ago, man_named_corn said:

I never changed the location of the SteamLibrary 

ok. because steam not seeing games looks like an issue with the main library being in a different place. what happens when you try to install a new game

1 minute ago, Sirpz said:

ok. because steam not seeing games looks like an issue with the main library being in a different place. what happens when you try to install a new game

when I try not install a new game it downloads as normal 

if he  reinstall steam to the HDD (E:) and keeps the natural file tree he shouldn't need to touch any setting in steam. 

if he  reinstall steam to the HDD (E:) and keeps the natural file tree he shouldn't need to touch any setting in steam. 

ok

Just now, man_named_corn said:

when I try not install a new game it downloads as normal 

I just think the easiest resolution to whatever your problem is is to just reinstall steam.

10 minutes ago, tekgeek1205 said:

but if you do need to mess with setting, i can walk you through with screen shots

after reinstalling steam in the E drive Steam is still not recognizing the games. I already moved the common folder back 

I need to see your library setup so follow the screen shots

Spoiler

First

1.png.22ac5377043fd1fd5e499379178155f3.png

then

2.png.a9e0d43f37a51e191f73c0ec3c3543d1.png

and then

3.png.6285d3260310b21e6d057f7a2f2945b3.png

Give me the results of the last screen shot, just the folder. I dont need everything to the right if your going the typing rout.