Free TeamSpeak for those not on the Discord bandwagon

ts_pezaddicts

Hi guys/gals,

I host a TeamSpeak server for myself and a relatively large group of Steam friends to use for gaming and socializing. A good while back I decided to open the TeamSpeak up to individuals and groups who may want to use TeamSpeak but don't have the knowledge (or expendable income) to rent or host their own server. Many have given up TeamSpeak for free alternatives like Discord, but many, including myself, see those alternatives as severely lacking. This TeamSpeak is available for all to use free of charge.

Some features of this TeamSpeak include:

• Everyone has the ability to create their own private temporary channel.
  • Groups/clans may request entire sections to use for their members. These sections include channel groups with varying levels of admin so that groups have full control over their channels.
  • We have a setup that allows everyone to select icons for themselves without being able to troll others (a common dilemma in a lot of servers).

So, if you or your group are looking for higher quality than what the free VOIP alternatives offer, stop by and see if our TeamSpeak might work for you. Thanks for reading!

Slots: Currently 128, able to upgrade if need be.

IP: ts.pezaddicts.com

I am also curious what the alternative options are lacking?

28 minutes ago, ts_pezaddicts said:

free alternatives like Discord, but many, including myself, see those alternatives as severely lacking

33 minutes ago, ts_pezaddicts said:

Hi guys/gals,

I host a TeamSpeak server for myself and a relatively large group of Steam friends to use for gaming and socializing. A good while back I decided to open the TeamSpeak up to individuals and groups who may want to use TeamSpeak but don't have the knowledge (or expendable income) to rent or host their own server. Many have given up TeamSpeak for free alternatives like Discord, but many, including myself, see those alternatives as severely lacking. This TeamSpeak is available for all to use free of charge.

Some features of this TeamSpeak include:

• Everyone has the ability to create their own private temporary channel.
  • Groups/clans may request entire sections to use for their members. These sections include channel groups with varying levels of admin so that groups have full control over their channels.
  • We have a setup that allows everyone to select icons for themselves without being able to troll others (a common dilemma in a lot of servers).

So, if you or your group are looking for higher quality than what the free VOIP alternatives offer, stop by and see if our TeamSpeak might work for you. Thanks for reading!

Slots: Currently 128, able to upgrade if need be.

IP: ts.pezaddicts.com

lol what is Discord lacking? You get text and voice channels. Private calls, file sharing and they're even bringing screen share and video calls!

Please, save yourself the time and money and use Discord.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

21 minutes ago, CodingWithClass said:

May I ask, what's the issue with Discord?

Of course you may. And please understand, the following is simply my personal opinion (though I know many like-minded people):

First and foremost, I find the voice quality on Discord to be around Skype's level. While this may be acceptable to most, I feel that the voice quality on TeamSpeak is noticeably better. In the last (and only) Discord server I created, I had many complaints about people sounding like robots, even with very few ( < 5) people on the server. Discord's answer to such a scenario is to try switching server regions, which I did, and the problem persisted. Maybe I created a dud, who knows?

I feel that, in it's current state, Discord cannot offer the level of customization that TeamSpeak can, especially in regards to the permissions system. I tried to replicate my TeamSpeak setup in that Discord server I mentioned, and it just wasn't possible with vanilla Discord; I'm sure there may be a bot out there that could help, but if I need to use bot(s) to achieve features that come standard with TeamSpeak, why not just use TeamSpeak from the start?

Of course Discord offers some things that TeamSpeak does not, such as playing a video directly in the server. If such things are of high importance to the user, then Discord would probably be a great choice.

I could go on, but I never intended this thread to be about convincing people to use TeamSpeak over Discord, so I hope this will suffice. Thanks for you reply and for reading :).

19 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I am also curious what the alternative options are lacking?

Hi Jake, I answered this above. Thanks for reading!

35 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

lol what is Discord lacking? You get text and voice channels. Private calls, file sharing and they're even bringing screen share and video calls!

Please, save yourself the time and money and use Discord.

Hey there EvilCat70, it sounds like you're quite happy with the current and upcoming features that Discord offers, and that is awesome! A lot of people feel Discord is still lacking, however, and they are whom this post was geared towards. Thanks for reading!

You want to know that discord is lacking? Its lacking an advanced permissions system that can create groups that can do an assortment of different things. Its lacking a simple interface that just does one thing. Discord is basically just skype. Just another bloated program to close while running games.

On 9/10/2017 at 6:25 AM, mjwitz said:

Discord is basically just skype. Just another bloated program to close while running games.

Discord is a relatively light and has IMO a very simple user interface, the mobile app is just awesome. Something i missed back when using teamspeak just to chat.

I've been a heavy teamspeak user for long and was forced to use it again for a bit, i had no problem with this since its always been awesome. But discord has way better sound. The luck is that i don't need to set up way specific rights etc.

Anyways it's nice that @ts_pezaddicts is offerimg hosting :)

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

On 9/10/2017 at 0:25 AM, mjwitz said:

You want to know that discord is lacking? Its lacking an advanced permissions system that can create groups that can do an assortment of different things. Its lacking a simple interface that just does one thing. Discord is basically just skype. Just another bloated program to close while running games.

I haven't had any issues. 

The only difference from TS to discord IMO is that there are mods that interface with teamspeak.

IE I played arma 3 with this clan and it made it so you can only hear people in proximity in game though you're using teamspeak, AND you can set different radio channels that people in teamspeak can ONLY HEAR if they're on the same channel in game. 

Other than that, I personally prefer discord as I can even run it in browser. Something I miss about minecraft. I don't always have discord installed, or I am using a computer that doesn't belong to me. It's easy to just log on in and chat with friends. Teamspeak requires an install to use it as far as I know, and there are no workarounds. (Also as far as I know. If there are, they're likely unofficial and potentially complicated.)