Steam has 7 million users signed in at the same time

LOGO.png

For the first time ever Steam has had more the 7 million users online at the same time

The precise number of member online was 7.190.483, of those gamers 542.906 where playing steams most popular game DOTA 2 and the second most popular game was CS:GO with 93.905 gamers.

1385968392.jpeg

Roughly one year ago (26th of November) steam crossed the 6 million mile marker and a year before that they had 5 million online.

Steam now has a total of 65 million members, in 2012 they had 50 million and 40 million in 2011.

Source(s) / Full article:

Dutch news post: https://tweakers.net/nieuws/92920/steam-doorbreekt-grens-van-7-miljoen-ingelogde-gebruikers.html

:EDIT:

@Gunzkewl rules!

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

and thats only steam, there are games that dont need steam (altho not that many, only one i can think of is LoL)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

That feeling when you spend some time and effort on a news post just to be beaten by 2 minutes with a simple quoting news post :(

There should be a rule against this....

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

That feeling when you spend some time and effort on a news post just to be beaten by 2 minutes with a simple quoting news post :(

I agree. 

I would have the threads merged. This way, a quote is followed by a well done post about it. 

Message a mod or report the thread and request it be merged.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Since you took your time, I will delete my post :). In the end we are here to deliver/read news and your post provides a more detailed info.

Anybody have any idea what the corresponding peak numbers are on xbox live?

and thats only steam, there are games that dont need steam (altho not that many, only one i can think of is LoL)

Battlefield... :P

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

All EA games.

And all older games that have no Steam,Origin or Uplay.

And alot of Free2Play games like Warface or Hawken.

And then all the Browser games.

RTX2070OC 

I made the decision to comment in your thread because you made the better report, even though you were slower ;) 

Battlefield... :P

how could i forget.... i literaly played it after i posted that..... *facepalme-*

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Anybody have any idea what the corresponding peak numbers are on xbox live?

Not much in comparison

On November 12, 2009, Dennis Durkin, COO of Microsoft's interactive entertainment business, announced that November 10, 2009, the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 marked the busiest day ever on Xbox Live, with over two million active users simultaneously.

Source.

if this counted in LOL there would be like a biilliong lol

ER MAH GURD NO ONE SAID IT YET!!!

PC MASTER RACE!

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this counted in LOL there would be like a biilliong lol

Sorry but World of Warcraft anyone? It's the worlds most addictive game :/ seriously if you get into it you won't get out ; it's like devil's snare - the more you struggle the tighter it gets.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Pffff... Now dont count people banned for hacking on Dota or TF2 and making new accounts. Still Steam is Lord GabeN soo whats new?

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Not much in comparison

Source.

Wow, that makes steam's achievement look all the more impressive.

Pffff... Now dont count people banned for hacking on Dota or TF2 and making new accounts. Still Steam is Lord GabeN soo whats new?

Online at one time...

Unless the people have 2 kb+m in front of them and 2 monitors, it doesn't need to differentiate.