How do i bend PETG

Dreaper

I would like a updated current tutorial that is step by step. I know i know Jay has a vid on it but it doesnt seem that in depth to me 

I mean, he kinda goes through everything. Rubber insert, heat it good, then bend. If you have any questions, there is a water cooling sub forum, I would ask there.

ASU

there's a video linus did quite a while back, but as far as watercooling goes, jay's the guy.

-this is not a guide, moved to liquid cooling-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I kind of agree with the OP, I watched a tonne of videos last year and most of them say the same but none of them go through measuring, deciding on the path of the tubes, how to use the various fittings to make your life easier etc. 

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

4 hours ago, Dreaper said:

I would like a updated current tutorial that is step by step. I know i know Jay has a vid on it but it doesnt seem that in depth to me 

Unfortunately it is hard to have a tutorial for rigid tube bending if you aren't actually there in person.

In a nutshell:

- Make sure you insert the silicon insert far beyond where you intend the bend to be, otherwise the tube will collapse around where the silicon tube ends. I personally recommend washing up liquid as a lubricant if the tube is stiff (rather than oil) since it washes out much easier

- Heating the tube is definitely an art, too hot and it will bubble, too cold and it will kink. My rough guideline is to heat it until the tube starts to flex under its own weight and then proceed to gently bend it while still exposing it to the heat source. You will need to heat the outside of the bend more than the inside to get a even bend.

- I apply the theory of "measure never, cut until the length is right". Since the bend itself will change the length of the tube, it is nearly impossible to perfectly plan and bend the tube, and so a lot of eyeballing will take place. This is especially difficult in tubes that have more than 2 bends since you can't correct the 2nd bend after the 1st bend is made.

- Keep practicing, order much more tubing than you think you need.

TL;DR: git gud