Trouble with B350m-k

honor
Go to solution Solved by honor,
On 8.9.2017 at 8:32 PM, brob said:

Are both the 24-pin and 8-pin EATX12V power connectors attached on the motherboard?

Do you have to select the input port on the monitor?

There is a 4-pin speaker header beside the front panel block. You can attach an inexpensive case speaker to hear any beep codes.

Thanks for all the advice @brob, turns out the board is dead. Got it replaced and the new one works like a charm.

Hey guys, I just build a PC with:

Mobo: Asus B350m-k

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz

Storage: 1TB WD Blue

GPU: Zotac gtx 1050ti

Case: Fractal Define Mini C

PSU: Corsair RM 550x

Everything is conencted properly, including front IO etc. but for some reason I don't get any output on my display (DVI connection). The Motherboard won't even make a "beep" sound. Instead, it just having a orange glowing LED strip and nothing else. When turned on, all the fans (gpu and cpu) are spinning, but I am getting no display output/ post at all. Is the board dead?? :(

11 minutes ago, honor said:

Hey guys, I just build a PC with:

Mobo: Asus B350m-k

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz

Storage: 1TB WD Blue

GPU: Zotac gtx 1050ti

Case: Fractal Define Mini C

PSU: Corsair RM 550x

Everything is conencted properly, including front IO etc. but for some reason I don't get any output on my display (DVI connection). The Motherboard won't even make a "beep" sound. Instead, it just having a orange glowing LED strip and nothing else. When turned on, all the fans (gpu and cpu) are spinning, but I am getting no display output/ post at all. Is the board dead?? :(

where is the processor?

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

37 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

where is the processor?

Ah sorry, Ryzen R3 1200 :)

You did connect the DVI cable to the graphics card, right? If you connected it to the motherboard, you won't get any signal

:)

15 minutes ago, seon123 said:

You did connect the DVI cable to the graphics card, right? If you connected it to the motherboard, you won't get any signal

I did connect it to the graphics card, to no avail... also I tried putting the ram sticks on different slots, took out all two of them or tried to use them on alternating slots.. no change :/ Added to that, the mobo has no way of determining whether or not it is a ram error or something else. It is really frustrating... There is also no LED that might indicate what's wrong. Cou and gpu fans are spinning, leds of the case are working fine as well. It simply won even get to post or even output anything to the monitor in the first place... maybe a dead board???

Are both the 24-pin and 8-pin EATX12V power connectors attached on the motherboard?

There is a 4-pin speaker header beside the front panel block. You can attach an inexpensive case speaker to hear any beep codes.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 8.9.2017 at 8:32 PM, brob said:

Thanks for all the advice @brob, turns out the board is dead. Got it replaced and the new one works like a charm.