Blu ray ripper recommendation?

migeo

I have a bunch of Blu rays that I want to rip and add to my plex media server. I've never ripped a blu ray before so I'm not sure which program is a good one. I intend to then use handbrake to encode the iso files to mkv myself. What do you recommend? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

I use MakeMKV, You dont even need to use handbrake with MakeMKV It handles it all on its own.

MakeMKV is great but it costs $50 bucks to do blu rays its free for just DVDs. Just an FYI. I love the program and it was a great investment piece. :).

1 minute ago, lieder1987 said:

MakeMKV is great but it costs $50 bucks to do blu rays its free for just DVDs. Just an FYI. I love the program and it was a great investment piece. :).

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

I use MakeMKV, You dont even need to use handbrake with MakeMKV It handles it all on its own.

best one i've used.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

6 hours ago, knightslugger said:

best one i've used.

6 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

6 hours ago, RandomGuy13 said:

Do you guys think they'll update it to rip 4k bluray once hdcp 2.2 (aacs 2.0) is cracked? Got one 4k bluray so I'd like to be able and rip its full potential. If it will be updated to rip 4k blurays, then I'll get it

4 hours ago, migeo said:

Do you guys think they'll update it to rip 4k bluray once hdcp 2.2 (aacs 2.0) is cracked? Got one 4k bluray so I'd like to be able and rip its full potential. If it will be updated to rip 4k blurays, then I'll get it

They are normally very prompt with updates and since it is "technically" still a blu ray, but I would just keep tracking their website. They update it a lot.

23 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

As they state on their website, it is completely free for Blu-rays whilst in beta so they provide a free key on their forum. That key expires every 2 months or so, but it always instantly updated on the same page, so all you have to do is paste the key in every 2 months. It's been in beta for years and it seems likely it will never get a full release.

Expert procrastinator.

On 9/8/2017 at 5:22 PM, Nitroblast said:

As they state on their website, it is completely free for Blu-rays whilst in beta so they provide a free key on their forum. That key expires every 2 months or so, but it always instantly updated on the same page, so all you have to do is paste the key in every 2 months. It's been in beta for years and it seems likely it will never get a full release.

Well thats cool. I am still happy to support the company because I have used their product a 1000 times or so.

On 10/09/2017 at 8:05 PM, lieder1987 said:

Well thats cool. I am still happy to support the company because I have used their product a 1000 times or so.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna buy it at some point so I can support them. Don't have the money to spare at the moment.

Expert procrastinator.