93% of Steam userbase born 1st of January

bradscoolio

I've used my fair share of internet and I'm in college so I believe I'm qualified to commentate. 

It likely has to do with date of birth defaulting to January 1st when you register for Steam. You can verify this yourself right now by registering a new account on Steam if you don't believe me. This is purely my own speculation, and I would probably need someone at Valve to confirm this for me to be completely sure. 

I'm not sure why they couldn't conclude this themselves. 

they already know its true, but as a company you cannot call out your money (i.e. customers) for lying about something. that WILL hurt business. will hurt it more than having an article created, looking slightly silly, and paying someone 30K to say that such and such is the reason.

edit: i know you know this, i'm just pointing it out for the people that don't get it.

I misunderstood the title  :P I thought 93% of the steam userbase was registered on Jan 1st  :D 

I did not even know I could set a date of birth on my account (user of steam for over 4 years) so I guess I'm in the 93%

Aselwyn1

I really hope Steam isn't one of those services where you can get your password changed just by knowing what the account has listed as its birthday... I don't think many places still do that, but I have seen it before.

I really hope Steam isn't one of those services where you can get your password changed just by knowing what the account has listed as its birthday... I don't think many places still do that, but I have seen it before.

I know if you log in to an unfamiliar device (even the internet browser verses actual Steam) it will send a 5 digit code to your email just to let you log in. 

That's steam guard and I believe you have to turn it on your self for it to start doing it. I turned it on I'm beta a while ago

Aselwyn1

There's A LOT of captain obvious going on in this thread. Very funny article though ;)

I'm pretty sure we all know why this is..

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I was born January 1st 1907

lol i put my real birthday everywhere.. i like my April 13 way better than January 1st :)

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

So sarcasm.

Much funny.

Wow.

Such joke.

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

or people could be bother changing the date lol

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

wow, the steam user base must be very lucky.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270