Prospect Gaming Build

I am looking to build  1500$  Canadian gaming rig with the idea in mind of being able to take whatever i can throw at it gaming wise 1440p 60+ Fps. I Wish to stay within my budget of 1500$ Canadian including OS. I want to see the comments and some feedback on my parks list. 

Here is the link:  https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qq6HHN 

suggestions:

1.  Go for 16GB RAM
  2. With Windows installed, you'll need WAY more storage if you want to install a few game, may I suggest adding a 1TB HDD.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

I am planning on upgrading my storage over time, this is just for the first few months until I get some more money to put into it

5 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Good build, but I would recommend the following:

1. Get a AMD Ryzen 1600X with a B350 board, i5's are dead.

2. You can get copies of Windows for $25 on kinguin.com

3. 16GB of RAM is kinda a must for gaming now a days.

That's my suggestions, otherwise it looks good to go as is.

Could you post a link to the windows?

Get Windows from Kinguin from ~USD 25-30. Use the stock cooler for overclocking. Personally, I would want to change the case to the P400 TG, as I think it looks nicer, but I kept the one you chose. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($259.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($113.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($96.75 @ shopRBC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($569.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.98 @ NCIX) 
Total: $1454.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-05 17:56 EDT-0400

:)

4 minutes ago, Soulzeh said:

I am planning on upgrading my storage over time, this is just for the first few months until I get some more money to put into it

I second everything that @king_of_oz said.

Additionally, I'd say go with a standard sata SSD if they're cheaper in your region. You'll only see minor benefits (if any) from a m.2, and the prices can run much higher.

As for a HDD, I'd still recommend getting one off of the back so you don't leave files on the m.2 when you upgrade (unless you plan to wipe it again). You can get a 1TB HDD for ~40 - down to 20 if used.

I also say go with 16gb, unless you're waiting for RAM prices to drop, then wait it out, but it may be more than a year to see "normal" RAM prices.

Also, ryzen is much better bang-for-buck, even including its inconveniences.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

3 minutes ago, Soulzeh said:

Could you post a link to the windows?

As per the community standards, I'd recommend you just google what he said. He shouldn't risk a warning by posting a bad link (if it does break the guidelines - and it sounds like it may).

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

6 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

As per the community standards, I'd recommend you just google what he said. He shouldn't risk a warning by posting a bad link (if it does break the guidelines - and it sounds like it may).

I found it, the only reason why i asked was because I went straight to the url and found some weird streamers website. Thanks :)

Just now, Soulzeh said:

1. Msi Am4 boards are bad, ASRock.

2. Edit the price of windows

3. The power supply is trash, please just get a CX550M or 550 G3

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

4 minutes ago, Soulzeh said:

Get the 1600 instead of the 1600X. They overclock just the same. 

Use the stock cooler with the 1600. The H60 is no better than a normal air cooler, but way noisier. 

MSI motherboards for Ryzen are pretty bad, so just get an Asrock Pro4 or Asus Prime Plus. 

Get faster memory for Ryzen. 2800 MHz at least. 

Don't get any WD SSD. The Blue and Green are rebranded SanDisk SSDs. They're really bad. Just get the 850 Evo. 

The 1070 you chose is the budget version from Asus. It's fine, but you can get better ones for around the same price. 

The PSU is absolute trash. It's a cut down version of the Corsair VS, which is already trash. 

:)

On 9/5/2017 at 6:26 PM, seon123 said:

Get the 1600 instead of the 1600X. They overclock just the same. 

Use the stock cooler with the 1600. The H60 is no better than a normal air cooler, but way noisier. 

MSI motherboards for Ryzen are pretty bad, so just get an Asrock Pro4 or Asus Prime Plus. 

Get faster memory for Ryzen. 2800 MHz at least. 

Don't get any WD SSD. The Blue and Green are rebranded SanDisk SSDs. They're really bad. Just get the 850 Evo. 

The 1070 you chose is the budget version from Asus. It's fine, but you can get better ones for around the same price. 

The PSU is absolute trash. It's a cut down version of the Corsair VS, which is already trash. 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/9n4DYr how about this?

Also Ik this is a bit off topic but what monitor would you guys recommend for this build?

On 9/5/2017 at 5:50 PM, Abyssal Radon said:

Good build, but I would recommend the following:

1. Get a AMD Ryzen 1600X with a B350 board, i5's are dead.

2. You can get copies of Windows for $25 on kinguin.com

3. 16GB of RAM is kinda a must for gaming now a days.

That's my suggestions, otherwise it looks good to go as is.

LOL "i5's are dead" yup that is why it is still one of the most highly recommended cpu's for gaming by experts and it is statistically the second most purchased chip well above Ryzen. No stick with an i5 unless you like amd in which case buy a Ryzen both are good chips but a prefer intel because most games are more optimized for it cause they had like 90% market share for 6 years.