Deciding on a Monitor

Antivist

I'm currently looking to upgrade my current monitor. I have a Gigabyte Waterforce 1080 and I7 7700k to push it. I'm torn between quite a few options and want the best option based on other people's experiences. I'm not sure if I should go for G-Sync as I do not play fast paced games. I primarily play games like Skyrim with ENB's and other graphics mods, Fallout 4, and looking to get games like Witcher 3. Basically games that I would want to look as nice as possible and not worry as much about the bit of extra refresh rates that games like action and shooter games require. I'm looking at getting something 2560x1440 144hz w/G-Sync, 2560x144 144hz no G-Sync, or a 4k monitor. I'm not going to stay with a 1080 monitor so I excluded those. My budget is under $500, closer to $400 and below preferably. So basically, I'm needing help deciding which configuration to get. If I go no G-Sync 144hz I was going to go for this, for G-Sync 144hz this, for 4k this. Out of those 3 which would best fit my needs? I've heard G-Sync can be useful in a lot of situations, but for the games I play I'm not too sure that it'll be a great benefit. I'm looking to stay around 27 inches, but no smaller than 24. If you have any other suggestions as well please show them so I can check them out as well. Thank you for any help!

Id go with Gsync, you're not going to always get 144fps and Gsync will help smooth out game play

I would just reframe from getting a G-Sync monitor as it pretty much locks you in to Nvidia GPUs. 

Get a standard monitor or a free sync one so you have that option without having to pay extra later down the line. But its your money. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

15 minutes ago, Antivist said:

I'm currently looking to upgrade my current monitor. I have a Gigabyte Waterforce 1080 and I7 7700k to push it. I'm torn between quite a few options and want the best option based on other people's experiences. I'm not sure if I should go for G-Sync as I do not play fast paced games. I primarily play games like Skyrim with ENB's and other graphics mods, Fallout 4, and looking to get games like Witcher 3. Basically games that I would want to look as nice as possible and not worry as much about the bit of extra refresh rates that games like action and shooter games require. I'm looking at getting something 2560x1440 144hz w/G-Sync, 2560x144 144hz no G-Sync, or a 4k monitor. I'm not going to stay with a 1080 monitor so I excluded those. My budget is under $500, closer to $400 and below preferably. So basically, I'm needing help deciding which configuration to get. If I go no G-Sync 144hz I was going to go for this, for G-Sync 144hz this, for 4k this. Out of those 3 which would best fit my needs? I've heard G-Sync can be useful in a lot of situations, but for the games I play I'm not too sure that it'll be a great benefit. I'm looking to stay around 27 inches, but no smaller than 24. If you have any other suggestions as well please show them so I can check them out as well. Thank you for any help!

The first monitor you linked (the C27FG70) is a 1080p monitor.

The Dell is a decent pick.

12 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

The first monitor you linked (the C27FG70) is a 1080p monitor.

The Dell is a decent pick.

Ah I didn't realize that on the Samsung. How much of a difference does it make to not go 144hz with the types of games I play and stay at 60hz? I would go with this instead then. Also would you say that the Dell is a better monitor over either Samsung for my use?

23 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Id go with Gsync, you're not going to always get 144fps and Gsync will help smooth out game play

Will it help that much when I'm not playing fast paced games?