USB Thumb Drives problems

Tea1337

My freind thought it would be funny to go on my computer and lock my USB thumb drive: Screenshot There is no way for me to access the files I need for school finals. I have tried everything running it through admin to override the security but i'm not even able to do that to get into the files. I would like to know if there is a way to get it back to normal without deleting all the files within the thumb drive.

EDIT: I know the Drive in title isn't supposed to have that S.

Battery, duct tape, jumper cables, chair, and time. Get your friend and have him explain how he did it :P

Honestly I have no idea how to undo this because I didn't know you could, so this is a worthless post :D

Is there some sort of lock mechanism for your USB like on SD cards? Like @AlwaysFSX said, I've never heard of this either.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Is there some sort of lock mechanism for your USB like on SD cards?

No there isn't. just a normal thumb drive. 

Battery, duct tape, jumper cables, chair, and time. Get your friend and have him explain how he did it :P

Honestly I have no idea how to undo this because I didn't know you could, so this is a worthless post :D

LOL, I would do that but that's harsh. 

No there isn't. just a normal thumb drive. 

LOL, I would do that but that's harsh. 

I think there's a book for these kinds of things, take a pick xD

I think there's a book for these kinds of things, take a pick xD

Haha, I'll just have to take it to my programming teacher and see what he can do. 

Control+z

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

My freind thought it would be funny to go on my computer and lock my USB thumb drive: Screenshot There is no way for me to access the files I need for school finals.

#1 Friend.

#1 Friend.

Yeah. It's payback because I deleted one line of his code in class and he spent 2 hours trying to find the problem.

Yeah. It's payback because I deleted one line of his code in class and he spent 2 hours trying to find the problem.

Oh...lol!

Not gonna lie, that's pretty funny. What he did as payback? Not so much

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Try mounting it in Linux. If that still doesn't work he may have manually changed some partition or file-system attributes.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Try mounting it in Linux. If that still doesn't work he may have manually changed some partition or file-system attributes.

OKay, in the morning i'll run Linux and see if I can get the files off.

have a look in disk manager, see if it is mounter correctly, also uninstall the driver and reinstall it (device manager). is it only on you computer or any?  if its all computers  nether option will work

have a look in disk manager, see if it is mounter correctly, also uninstall the driver and reinstall it (device manager). is it only on you computer or any?  if its all computers  nether option will work

It's all computers...sh*t. I'll have my teacher today see if he can scavenge off the files

It's all computers...sh*t. I'll have my teacher today see if he can scavenge off the files

This is not very helpful but flash drive are inherently unreliable.  you can lose them and they have a finite lifespan.  I would strongly suggest you use somthing like dropbox of skydrive.  if you still need to use memory sticks get dropbox and uses the auto synk feature where it will back up you pen drive for you every time you plug it in.  That way you only lose a days work.

This is not very helpful but flash drive are inherently unreliable.  you can lose them and they have a finite lifespan.  I would strongly suggest you use somthing like dropbox of skydrive.  if you still need to use memory sticks get dropbox and uses the auto synk feature where it will back up you pen drive for you every time you plug it in.  That way you only lose a days work.

I use dropbox but i didn't know it had an auto sync feature O.o