Have absolutely no idea what's happening (Board LED's)

Hey guys so basically my board, ASUS z170-AR and my ram, Corsair LPX Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB have been playing up.

Basically when you bump the tower the PC either bluescreens or locks up due to the ram being slightly moved. I have to reseat the ram and this takes usually 30-45 minutes as for some reason

they go in an order (or they just don't go in properly, takes so many attempts)

Fast forward now, my other thread about my random signal loss i think is caused by my RAM issues due to the sound looping (for 3 seconds then plays normally)

I restarted and low and behold I get a CPU led error on my board. I take cpu out and reseat, same thing (pins are fine)

I take the end 2 ram sticks (seem to be the slots or the sticks that i have the most trouble with) and the pc boots fine.

I reset cmos, insert sticks again and i get DRAM error, I try reseat them about 50 times then i get the CPU error again (makes me think they're seated properly)

Not sure if board error or ram error but now I'm running 2 sticks in first 2 slots (these are finnicky as well but tend to work in less time)

What could be it? Board or RAM?

Need help so I know what to RMA...

Thanks everyone

EDIT: When I say signal loss i'm talking about my monitors losing signal but still having the pc work..Weird, could this be ram?

Specs

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.4GHz

GPU2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming SLI
RAMG.Skill Ripjaws 4 x 8GB @ 2400MHz (32GB)
MOBOASUS Z270-AR PRIME
CASE: Corsair 750D
COOLINGCorsair H100 v2, SP120 & AF120 fans
PSUCorsair TX850M

STORAGE1 x 2TB HDD, 3 x 1TB HDD 1 x M.2 Samsung 960 EVO 250GB

To me, this looks like a motherboard problem. You are getting random errors, and as I read your other posts, everything might be caused by the motherboard (except the buzzing noise). 

My second theory is the PSU. What PSU are you running? PSUs can make weird noises and if they do, that's definitely a problem. Unstable power delivery can cause a lot of weird problems. When you hear the buzzing noise, try slowing all your fans (except the PSU fan) with a finger. PLEASE, DON'T STICK YOUR FINGER IN BLADES, just gently push the rotating center of the fan and look for change in the noise. If that is not changing the noise, it's the PSU.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

12 minutes ago, redteam4ever said:

To me, this looks like a motherboard problem. You are getting random errors, and as I read your other posts, everything might be caused by the motherboard (except the buzzing noise). 

My second theory is the PSU. What PSU are you running? PSUs can make weird noises and if they do, that's definitely a problem. Unstable power delivery can cause a lot of weird problems. When you hear the buzzing noise, try slowing all your fans (except the PSU fan) with a finger. PLEASE, DON'T STICK YOUR FINGER IN BLADES, just gently push the rotating center of the fan and look for change in the noise. If that is not changing the noise, it's the PSU.

Hahahaha! Yeah I think it's the gpu fan that's making the noise. The middle fan of one of my 980 spins at what looks to be 1/3rd of the speed of the others.

I'm running a Cougar 1000w v3 PSU.

I think it might be a board problem...Having HDD issues now. Weird because I haven't touched the board in months. Do they just randomly expire?

Specs

MOBOASUS Z270-AR PRIME
PSUCorsair TX850M

1 minute ago, nixtone said:

Do they just randomly expire?

FUN FACT: They might. I bought a SATA to USB converter and it came with a small PSU that looked like a laptop power brick adapted to molex. When I powered it up, the input capacitor blew up, with PSU cover almost hitting my eye, because I had noticed the smoke coming out of the brick and leaned over to shut the power.

See this interesting discussion on capacitor shelf life: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/8794/do-electrolytic-capacitors-have-a-limited-shelf-life

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

Could be one of the two problems. I've had a capacitor fall off my last MB (searching over the Interwebz I found out it was responsible for the integrated sound side of things), causing random blue screens in all parts, but with my amazing ninja skills, I soldered it back on. However, the problems didn't quite stop then, because the PSU was damaged also. What I did was I bought a PSU from a place where I knew I could return it for a full refund (you can also try borrowing one from a friend), and that finally solved the problems. Fortunately those problems also damaged my 4 month old 640GB HDD. Fortunately, because I managed to have it replaced with a brand new 1TB one, lol

MOBO: MSI Krait Gaming X370 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X [4GHz @1.43V] | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2133MHz [2933MHz CAS 16]

GPU: ASUS GTX1060 6GB DUAL Series | SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB

CASE: Thermaltake Suppressor F51 | PSU: Corsair VS550 | COOLING: Corsair H60 [70°C Max @1400rpm] | DISPLAY: LG 29" Ultra Wide, BenQ 1080p Projector

MOUSE: Trust GXT31 MOUSE MAT: HyperX Fury | KEYBOARD: Logitech G510s | UNDERWEAR: HyperX

SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 | HEADSET: HyperX Core Cloud | SPEAKERS: Behringer MS16, SONY HT-RT3

CPU-Z Validator: DUCKPC

1 hour ago, redteam4ever said:

FUN FACT: They might. I bought a SATA to USB converter and it came with a small PSU that looked like a laptop power brick adapted to molex. When I powered it up, the input capacitor blew up, with PSU cover almost hitting my eye, because I had noticed the smoke coming out of the brick and leaned over to shut the power.

See this interesting discussion on capacitor shelf life: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/8794/do-electrolytic-capacitors-have-a-limited-shelf-life

Jesus.. My board and PSU is from mid 2015 so it shouldn't explode just yet :/

39 minutes ago, docomeister said:

Could be one of the two problems. I've had a capacitor fall off my last MB (searching over the Interwebz I found out it was responsible for the integrated sound side of things), causing random blue screens in all parts, but with my amazing ninja skills, I soldered it back on. However, the problems didn't quite stop then, because the PSU was damaged also. What I did was I bought a PSU from a place where I knew I could return it for a full refund (you can also try borrowing one from a friend), and that finally solved the problems. Fortunately those problems also damaged my 4 month old 640GB HDD. Fortunately, because I managed to have it replaced with a brand new 1TB one, lol

Fk. Not sure if that's what's happening here, haven't moved or touch the mobo since I put it in in 2015...

Not sure if I should brother RMAing it..Might not be the culprit, could be PSU. Bought them from the same place, wonder if they'll take both of them as RMA

Specs

MOBOASUS Z270-AR PRIME
PSUCorsair TX850M

1 minute ago, nixtone said:

My board and PSU is from mid 2015 so it shouldn't explode just yet

No, definitely not. I didn't word my last post very well. I just wanted to be funny and point out that motherboards might actually expire, but it's not common as people pointed out in the discussion I linked.

5 minutes ago, nixtone said:

Bought them from the same place, wonder if they'll take both of them as RMA

Try borrowing a PSU from a friend for testing, it certainly is easier to swap than a motherboard.

1 minute ago, redteam4ever said:

No, definitely not. I didn't word my last post very well. I just wanted to be funny and point out that motherboards might actually expire, but it's not common as people pointed out in the discussion I linked.

Try borrowing a PSU from a friend for testing, it certainly is easier to swap than a motherboard.

I'll need a good 850w at least to power my big boi.

Sadly no one has one that I know, I've got a spare 360w but you know..

Specs

MOBOASUS Z270-AR PRIME
PSUCorsair TX850M

On 04/09/2017 at 7:01 PM, nixtone said:

I'll need a good 850w at least to power my big boi.

Sadly no one has one that I know, I've got a spare 360w but you know..

That's why I specified that I bought a PSU from an online shop where I knew I could return it for a full refund in 2 weeks... Hint hint :) Find any shop, online or offline, get informed about their return policy, and debug your system with their parts. If you don't succeed, return the item. Just make sure you keep the item AND packaging in tip top condition. If they ask any question, just make up something like... You figured the colour doesn't fit your prefferences, and a friend sold you a SH one with a preffered colour for a better price than what they have in shop. Don't go into "I figured it's too expensive so I returned it" stuff, or they might actually make you a discount just so you keep it, not joking here.

MOBO: MSI Krait Gaming X370 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X [4GHz @1.43V] | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2133MHz [2933MHz CAS 16]

GPU: ASUS GTX1060 6GB DUAL Series | SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB

CASE: Thermaltake Suppressor F51 | PSU: Corsair VS550 | COOLING: Corsair H60 [70°C Max @1400rpm] | DISPLAY: LG 29" Ultra Wide, BenQ 1080p Projector

MOUSE: Trust GXT31 MOUSE MAT: HyperX Fury | KEYBOARD: Logitech G510s | UNDERWEAR: HyperX

SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 | HEADSET: HyperX Core Cloud | SPEAKERS: Behringer MS16, SONY HT-RT3

CPU-Z Validator: DUCKPC