Can't Download GPU drivers or Geforce Experience

5 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Have you tried running the driver exe as admin?

Just did, same result

Are you using windows 10?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Just now, leelaa14 said:

Are you using windows 10?

yes, win10-64bit

I know you said you've definitely got the right driver. But for the sake of it can you download this one and just try it anyway,

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/385.41/385.41-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

perhaps there's something I can change here before I try installing again?

Capture0.PNG

Nah that's all good. Although personally, I always deselect 3d vision controller driver and 3d vision driver as I don't use 3d vision and have no intention to.

Not quite that time yet. You could run windows update and see if that installs a driver for it. If it does then try upgrading the driver again as windows has a gabbit if installing older drivers.

in the process of updating windows rn, ill get back to you when it's done. It failed the first time but I closed all the windows programs I had open and now I'm going to try again. It said something about the Nvidia installer being part of the update so hopefully this is the solution. It's just really slow right now despite my Ethernet connection.

Ok then, let me know how it goes.

Honestly I want to pull my hair out. I try to solve one problem and this whole system brings forth another. I try to update 3 times after rebooting, the Nvidia portion says error 0x800706be I try running to troubleshooter and it returns error 0x80070057. Maybe If I smash it to pieces and just get a new everything it will work?

10 hours ago, Saltyroast said:

Honestly I want to pull my hair out. I try to solve one problem and this whole system brings forth another. I try to update 3 times after rebooting, the Nvidia portion says error 0x800706be I try running to troubleshooter and it returns error 0x80070057. Maybe If I smash it to pieces and just get a new everything it will work?

These situations are all about keeping a cool head. Maybe you could try another pci slot?

1 hour ago, leelaa14 said:

These situations are all about keeping a cool head. Maybe you could try another pci slot?

lol sorry was up late last night trying to fix, must have been a lack of sleep making me angry. I only have 1 pci-e slot on my motherboard

15 minutes ago, Saltyroast said:

lol sorry was up late last night trying to fix, must have been a lack of sleep making me angry. I only have 1 pci-e slot on my motherboard

No worries. You're bound to get pissed of at this. I would too and have done before.
Can you do another dxdiag now that the gpu is enabled through device manager?

Ok, not showing any problems there. Would you allow me to connect to you via Team viewer so I can take a look? It's obviously a big ask but I may be able to try and get to the bottom of what's going on.