data recovery?

Kd4lif3
Go to solution Solved by Ryujin2003,
4 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

how does the trial work? i need to recover about 5 gigs of data and I dont want to pay atm

Thats exatly how a "trial" works. Here is your stuff, if you want it, you gotta pay. i've used Recuva in the past to get back videos deleted off my old iPod.

I was checking out my old cannon camera for the first time in a while and while trying to figure out what resolution it shot in i came across the storage. It said it had 5/7 gigs used on the sd card and be being stupid me hit the reassuring looking ok button. apparently that made the camera delete everything on the card. I was wondering if there was any way to recover the data on the sd card. I know how "deleting" things actually works so I thought there might be a software somewhere. Its not realty a huge deal because we haven't even looked at the old pictures for over a year but it would be cool if we could fix it. Thanks.

I've used a program called EaseUS to restore deleted images and recover older things from a hard drive of mine. The issue with it is that it won't recover absolutely everything, but will recover what it can compile into a functioning file.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

I've used a program called EaseUS to restore deleted images and recover older things from a hard drive of mine. The issue with it is that it won't recover absolutely everything, but will recover what it can compile into a functioning file.

alright ill try it

Try Recuva.

You will need to plug the camera into the PC or use a SD card slot or SD to USB adapter.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

+1 for EaseUS. Also has great success w/ GetDataBack & RStudio.

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Try Recuva.

You will need to plug the camera into the PC or use a SD card slot or SD to USB adapter.

Ya I already got that part down...

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

+1 for EaseUS. Also has great success w/ GetDataBack & RStudio.

Ima try the trial. its actually pretty cool so far. its scanned all of the missing files off of the card.

how does the trial work? i need to recover about 5 gigs of data and I dont want to pay atm

1 minute ago, Kd4lif3 said:

It should show you what you can recover. Here's a 50% off link for when you're ready.

4 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

Thats exatly how a "trial" works. Here is your stuff, if you want it, you gotta pay. i've used Recuva in the past to get back videos deleted off my old iPod.

Ya imm not able to pay for the recovery rn, especially not for such a small recovery. Imm trying the Recuva program rn. Thanks for the advice so far.

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I used Recuva to fix the problem for free. Thanks for the help.

12 hours ago, Kd4lif3 said:

I used Recuva to fix the problem for free. Thanks for the help.

Those other ones are ok, but probably a bit more designed for drive failures and recovery of lost positions that way. Accidental deleting is just changing a bit or two in the binary of the file, and then gets written over in the future. So different software for different purposes. Recuva doesn't work too well on failures.

Glad it worked out! Keep it for the future. You never know when you'll need it again.

• 1 month later...