Assassin's Creed Black Flag horrible tearing and pop-up.

Benbass

Hi, I recently bought AC Black Flag and I'm stunned by how poorly the game runs. Not only in an optimized way (I don't mind turning down some useless graphics, I will never see the difference), but in a technical stand point the game is a shame. I have MASSIVE tearing with the game running at a fixed 60fps with adaptive v-sync, and I also have some nasty pop-up.

For the tearing I tried the triple buffering in Nvidia panel but it didn't do anything. Should I try the in game v-sync? Is there a fix somewhere?

And for the pop-up, I have the game on a decent HDD, should I put it on the SDD? Or is there a setting I can change in the game config to make the decors/npc not popping up at 2 meters from me?

I'm kind of sad about this port. The experience is butchered.

The pop-up is due to the game, nothing to do with you.

You could try putting it on your SSD, but I doubt it will do anything.

It's a poor port I'm afraid to say like pretty much all of them.

Did you turn v-sync of in-game, just wondering....as that would overwrite adaptive.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Sounds like an optimized game for even the PC :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

The pop-up is due to the game, nothing to do with you.

You could try putting it on your SSD, but I doubt it will do anything.

It's a poor port I'm afraid to say like pretty much all of them.

Did you turn v-sync of in-game, just wondering....as that would overwrite adaptive.

Yes the in-game v-sync is off. I don't understand how they achieve that kind of tearing.

Ok so I tried the in-game v-sync and there no tearing. So it's a compatibility issue, maybe with a patch later adaptive v-sync will not tear. Meanwhile, it's impossible to play that game with the in-game v-sync as the framerate drop is too present for a smooth 60fps.