Built a wood case that's too small for my parts. FML

Go to solution Solved by sushee,
5 hours ago, InertiaSelling said:

Can you mount your PSU vertically, in front of your motherboard I/O ? You would have to move your exhaust vent and maybe add another one in the side panel in order for your power supply to breathe as well as some brackets to secure it, but if it fits, it would save you the trouble of building a computer in two separate boxes.

15043591915461522380800.thumb.jpg.4d578f0f4242bd8f61b6d4d3642bae22.jpg

Your idea saved my project. This actually works. Thanks for the amazing help!

I'm working on a pc case in the steampunk style. After I put the fun stuff in the box I realized I didn't calculate the size for PSU or HDDs. What's my best option? I considered making a smaller box to go on the left side of the case. If I go with that option, how would I stack the hdds?

case.jpg

Try making a compartment on the bottom maybe? like a box attached at the bottom as compartment to put your other parts. alot of cases have a somewhat seperated main area from the power supply/ HDD storage area, and you could make it still in the same theme without ruining the look. Would make it a bit taller, but you could do some kinda cool trim around it to make it look like a stand your case is sitting on. Just an idea =P

Can you provide us with some plans and measurements of both the case and the components ? From this picture, it looks like you could mount your power supply above your exhaust vent. You might have to lower said vent and add a tiny shelf with brackets to support it, though. Or maybe it's actually too small, it's hard to tell from a single picture. What's happening to you saddens me, it looks like you spent a lot of time working on this.

12 hours ago, InertiaSelling said:

Can you provide us with some plans and measurements of both the case and the components ? From this picture, it looks like you could mount your power supply above your exhaust vent. You might have to lower said vent and add a tiny shelf with brackets to support it, though. Or maybe it's actually too small, it's hard to tell from a single picture. What's happening to you saddens me, it looks like you spent a lot of time working on this.

Put something little together in illustrator. All measurements should be correct. Thanks for your concern, I spent half the summer break making this.

Can you mount your PSU vertically, in front of your motherboard I/O ? You would have to move your exhaust vent and maybe add another one in the side panel in order for your power supply to breathe as well as some brackets to secure it, but if it fits, it would save you the trouble of building a computer in two separate boxes.

5 hours ago, InertiaSelling said:

Your idea saved my project. This actually works. Thanks for the amazing help!