Gtx 1080ti vs Vega 64

Go to solution Solved by TheRandomness,
1 minute ago, BoogieBeast said:

I wouldn't be using it for video rendering, purely for gaming.

Get a 1080 Ti. Vega 64, even with 100% perfect drivers, could only hope to surpass a 1080.

Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck.

I was going to be buying the new Vega 64, but now that it's out I find its performance quite lack luster. I'm a little bit uncertain seeing as the performance of the card could improve with drivers, but knowing how much/little it can improve by is difficult. With all that in mind which graphics card would you recommend? Which card would give me the most future proofing?

+ a more detailed version is in my profile

Just now, JohnMLTX said:

JayzTwoCents just did a look at performance with video rendering, and it's no better than a GTX 660. Get the 1080TI.

+ a more detailed version is in my profile

Just now, BoogieBeast said:

The idea was that, even after the lackluster gaming benchmarks, the other stuff that might indicate some better performance for other stuff isn't the case either. Meaning that so far, it's a disappointment, and you're either settling for worse performance per dollar, or you're betting on something entirely unknown. Get the 1080TI.

My current fleet!
Zerua - Workstation - i7-6700k, 32gb DDR4, GTX1070 | Azalera - Surface Pro 4 - i7-6650U, 16gb | Sarea - FreeNAS Server - E5-2407 1.2TB RAIDZ2

4 hours ago, BoogieBeast said:

Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck.

I was going to be buying the new Vega 64, but now that it's out I find its performance quite lack luster. I'm a little bit uncertain seeing as the performance of the card could improve with drivers, but knowing how much/little it can improve by is difficult. With all that in mind which graphics card would you recommend? Which card would give me the most future proofing?

No competition and totally on different level. GTX 1080 Ti is a much better choice all the way from both performance and value perspectives.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 5.1GHz 1.3v Delidded | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula | RAM: 2X G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW @ DDR4 3600 14-14-14-34 2T | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SEA Hawk EK X | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | Storage:Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 250GB SSD; Crucial MX500 2TB 3D NAND SSD | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W | Display: Alienware AW3418DW 3440x1440 120Hz G-SYNC | Keyboard: Drevo BladeMaster PRO Wireless Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Headset: Logitech G533 Wireless | Sound: NuForce uDAC5; Audioengine A2+; Polk Audio PSW111 | OS: Windows 10 Enterprise | PCPartPicker

CPU Waterblock: EK Velocity | GPU Waterblock: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SEA Hawk EK X | Pump: EK XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite | Radiators: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm; Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 360mm | Reservoir: Barrowch Boxfish 250mm | Fittings: EK Fittings | Fans: 6X Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM