Sourcing google pixel parts

Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

Might as well try to get a new one. Won't be worth repairing.

After a not so recent incident at a lake party my father unfortunately drowned his brand new Google Pixel XL 128gb for at least a good 30 minutes to an hour before noticing, i took it to a phone repair store with him and they deemed it "Unrepairable" (Same for my mother iphone 5s, but she's needed an upgrade anyways(LG G6)) the store i took it too tested the phone with a new darter board and battery but never got a result. does anyone know how where i can source a new mobo and possibly display? It's almost a thousand dollar phone that's just been sitting in a box in my room.

And if you're going to comment saying "Check ebay" or something don't bother, i've searched everywhere.

I think it would be the exact price that the phone costs from previous experiences with samsung devices. 

Edited by CmzPlusHardware
Fixed words. (On mobile)

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

4 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

if the phone is insured it should be covered

It's not.

7 hours ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

I think it would be the exact price that the phone costs from previous experiences with samsung devices. 

Well damn, Pixel is just an over priced piece of crap.

8 hours ago, FlpDaMattress said:

After a not so recent incident at a lake party my father unfortunately drowned his brand new Google Pixel XL 128gb for at least a good 30 minutes to an hour before noticing, i took it to a phone repair store with him and they deemed it "Unrepairable" (Same for my mother iphone 5s, but she's needed an upgrade anyways(LG G6)) the store i took it too tested the phone with a new darter board and battery but never got a result. does anyone know how where i can source a new mobo and possibly display? It's almost a thousand dollar phone that's just been sitting in a box in my room.

And if you're going to comment saying "Check ebay" or something don't bother, i've searched everywhere.

Usually you can find display assemblies, mobos, etc. for popular models of phones on Ebay etc. Strange that you wouldnt be able to find it.

That being said, you don't know what is broken. It could be just the mobo, it could be mobo and display. It could be mobo, display, battery, speakers, camera, etc. etc.

From my experience repairing the Nexus 5 and Moto X 2014:

-Display assemblies are usually $80-$120

-Batteries can range from $10 - $35 (3rd party vs original)

-Motherboard: No idea, but probably $100+ since it contains the processor as well.

-Camera, speakers, etc. Probably around $50.

So.. by the time you have replaced everything, it might be a very expensive repair, and it still might not work properly. YOu might just have to replace the phone.

Check this guide on Ifixit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Google_Pixel_XL

They have a link to a new screen for $150.

3 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Might as well try to get a new one. Won't be worth repairing.

Kinda depressing, he's using the G6 right now but really isn't impressed, i wouldn't be surprised if he sells it to help pay for a pixel 2