Cheap tripod or monopod

So I bought the YunTeng YT-950 for my DSLR but the problem is the tripod. It has this stupid ball thing which keeps moving when I tilt. yes I have it screwed all the way in .

This pic is my tripod ball head AMANFTR105272966_002.jpg

I need a cheap tripod or monopod under $40 that is like this without the rotating ball thing Doesn't need to be fancy or strong just functional please do not post here telling me to invest in a more expensive one. This is a hobby nothing serious. Reason im asking here is because I don't know what that thing below is called without the ball

P0006099_new_show03.jpg

I want something like this ignore the quality as long as it functions

FEISOL_CT_3472LV_Elite_CT_3472LV_Rapid_T

I am open to used options

Well your are just being naive if you think you will get something good for $40. 

A decent tripod head costs dubble that. Or a lot more. 

You want a good functional piece of anything, you will have to pay and not buy cheap china stuff that breaks when you look at it. 

My best bet for you is to looked for used tripods. You won't get anything proper new for $40. It's like going to a resturant and excpeting the meal to only cost $5 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

2 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Well your are just being naive if you think you will get something good for $40. 

A decent tripod head costs dubble that. Or a lot more. 

You want a good functional piece of anything, you will have to pay and not buy cheap china stuff that breaks when you look at it. 

My best bet for you is to looked for used tripods. You won't get anything proper new for $40. It's like going to a resturant and excpeting the meal to only cost $5 

I dont want something decent i want something that gets the job done i dont need ultra soft ass wipes if sandpaper will still get the job done. and i just need to know what that head is called without the ball and im up for used options no problem

Those are tripod legs, and you best bet is to look for used manfrotto 190, 055 and 290 legs in ebay. 

What will you put on them and why do you need them (i.e. nightime long exposure video etc.?) 

You'd be very surprised at how unstable cheapish tripod legs can be, If you want to buy $40 legs, its your money do what you want, in my experience however, (not opinion, but experience) you will be looking for a better tripod within the month. Its not a matter of investment, but rather finding a sweet spot between expense and function. Difference between soft wipes and tripods is that you only wipe your ass with them once and then throw them away, tripods on the other hand...  

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Wanting a cheap tripod is like wanted a condom with holes in it. Sure you might be safe, but you just need that one time to break your tool. Then what? Anything under $140 is just for decoration. 

1 minute ago, thekillergazebo said:

Wanting a cheap tripod is like wanted a condom with holes in it. Sure you might be safe, but you just need that one time to break your tool. Then what? Anything under $140 is just for decoration. 

Yeah bro that condom prolly protect me from std though. It might get me a kid but it got one job done. 

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

Yeah bro that condom prolly protect me from std though. It might get me a kid but it got one job done. 

Um... buddy ... I got bad news. You might want to get checked. Any holes in a condom and you can get an STD. Also you might be sterile.... so that being said cheap tripods are not worth it. I was young and dumb and went raw dog with a cheap tripod and almost smashed my lens when the wind picked up. Also it broke after 3 months. 

Just now, thekillergazebo said:

Um... buddy ... I got bad news. You might want to get checked. Any holes in a condom and you can get an STD. Also you might be sterile.... so that being said cheap tripods are not worth it. I was young and dumb and went raw dog with a cheap tripod and almost smashed my lens when the wind picked up. Also it broke after 3 months. 

lmao obv im goofin thing is i just need something right now for cheap im willing to invest more $ if I get serious later on but im not shooting outside or using my camera on a daily baisis it's a hobby. and I don't really want to drop over $100  on a damn tripod lol

4 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

Does not have a head so its hard to really get your composition right. 

And to your other comment about wanting something to get the job done. A $40 tripod will almost certainly not achive that. Not trying to be rude, I don't got a lot of money either, but if you are going to get something there is no point of getting something useless that will just gather dust because its too bad to be used. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

7 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

Loads of underage kids out there, that probably don't know how such stuff works, I hope they don't get their sex ed from this thread. Kidding aside though, there is much more to the issue in both the metaphorical, and obviously the literal sense. 

3 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

Does not have a head so its hard to really get your composition right. 

And to your other comment about wanting something to get the job done. A $40 tripod will almost certainly not achive that. Not trying to be rude, I don't got a lot of money either, but if you are going to get something there is no point of getting something useless that will just gather dust because its too bad to be used. 

I believe OP got a cheap, but supposedly (according to yt reviews as valid as they ever are) fluid head and are looking for a set of tripod legs without the head to put underneath it. Also, if you don't get a lot of money, value should become an even greater concern! (i.e. I completely agree with the point you are trying to make above about cheap tripods).

OP I dont believe you shouldn't spend $40 for a tripod because I'm sponsored by manfrotto, I believe that because I have used a $40 tripod, I have made the mistake of buying a $100 tripod I now use as a paperweight and ended up paying the amount I should have paid in the first place anyway 3 months later. A year later and I would rather leave home without a 2nd battery rather than without my (expensive but useable ) tripod. 

When it comes to any hobby or vice ( and I speak from immense experience on the issue) there are things you should spend little on and things you should spend a lot on. Tripods just happen to be one of those things.  

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

2 hours ago, cc143 said:

Loads of underage kids out there, that probably don't know how such stuff works, I hope they don't get their sex ed from this thread. Kidding aside though, there is much more to the issue in both the metaphorical, and obviously the literal sense. 

I believe OP got a cheap, but supposedly (according to yt reviews as valid as they ever are) fluid head and are looking for a set of tripod legs without the head to put underneath it. Also, if you don't get a lot of money, value should become an even greater concern! (i.e. I completely agree with the point you are trying to make above about cheap tripods).

OP I dont believe you shouldn't spend $40 for a tripod because I'm sponsored by manfrotto, I believe that because I have used a $40 tripod, I have made the mistake of buying a $100 tripod I now use as a paperweight and ended up paying the amount I should have paid in the first place anyway 3 months later. A year later and I would rather leave home without a 2nd battery rather than without my (expensive but useable ) tripod. 

When it comes to any hobby or vice ( and I speak from immense experience on the issue) there are things you should spend little on and things you should spend a lot on. Tripods just happen to be one of those things.  

Actually the tripod That I had currently came with my DSLR. I went ahead and bought that manfrotto tripod linked above to put my fluid head on. and I don't know if you wanted me to spend more or less kinda confusing me mane