Noctua or BeQuiet Fans?

MultiDJRoni

Hey there

Tomorrow im going to upgrade my current GTX 960 to dual 960s in SLI. Dont get in panic i didnt buy a new one, its one of my friend that i was able to buy for cheap.

But for that i want fans that are quieter at medium to high speeds. I currently use Arctic Fans in the front and NZXT ones in the Back.

Would you choose Noctua or BeQuiet? Or does it even matter?

Edit: Btw. Pricing is pretty much equal in switzerland :D

Thanks for your information ;)

Noctua fans are pretty much the class leaders in terms of performance. They are however, a tad expensive. 

bequiet has the Silent Wings 2/3. I have a couple and they work very well (no complaints), alongside being a fair bit cheaper. 

TL:DR: I'd get the bequiet ones, just cause of the lower price.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

i use both right now, NF-F12's as exhaust fans and silentwings on my CPU cooler. i gotta say the bequiet ones are a lot more silent. it might be because the one i have is 140mm, but i would definitely get the bequiet ones if i where you.

8 minutes ago, MultiDJRoni said:

Snip

If you're not using them for radiators, then most fans perform largely the same in terms of component temperature:noise as case fans.

If pricing is equivalent, I would just get whichever ones suit the aesthetics of your build.  They are both quality brands that provide fairly equivalent performance and silence.  

3 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

If pricing is equivalent, I would just get whichever ones suit the aesthetics of your build.  They are both quality brands that provide fairly equivalent performance and silence.  

https://www.pc-ostschweiz.ch/product-2a20075657.htm?parnr=12833201

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/noctua-nf-a14-uln-140mm-1x-pc-luefter-2451485?utm_content=2451485&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=preisvergleich&utm_source=toppreise&pcscpId=1

So yeah, prices are pretty much the same :D The BeQuiet ones would definitely suit the aesthetics better, but since i would only put them in the Front where i cant see them anyways i dont really care :P

8 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i use both right now, NF-F12's as exhaust fans and silentwings on my CPU cooler. i gotta say the bequiet ones are a lot more silent. it might be because the one i have is 140mm, but i would definitely get the bequiet ones if i where you.

Are they "silenter" as well in higher RPMs? Or just when they also run at low speed? (With high rpm i mean 50-60% speed)

10 minutes ago, MultiDJRoni said:

~Would you choose Noctua or BeQuiet? Or does it even matter?~

Edit: Btw. Pricing is pretty much equal in switzerland :D

Thanks for your information ;)

Really, there isn't going to be much of a difference.

On 140mm fans here are stats:

Noctua NS-P14r redux                  78.7 CFM           25.8 dbA       $14.84

be quiet! SilentWings 3 PWM       77.6 CFM           28.1 dbA       $19.99

So the Noctua fans give slightly more airflow (really marginal), are a tan more quite and save 5 bucks.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Also forgot to mention, I've got a fan controller and some cheapo fans in my brothers tower. It's practically silent too, cause the fans run at such a low RPM (~600). 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

11 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

The larger the fan is the more quite it'll be. Really, I think Noctua's fans are quieter - but that's probably confirmation bias because I've had them. Statistically - there is near to no difference.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Ok, well then i think im going to get the Noctua fans. 

Thanks to everyone who answered here! Have a great Day (or evening, depending on where you live :P) 

Just a couple of last notes here:

PcPartpicker has a PC case fan browsing option. Here I've listed it to 140mm for bequiet! and Noctua. (Link) (Though you may need to refresh/re-enter to get local prices)

Second note, If you're hesitant to choose Noctua because of how their fans look - here are their "industrial fans" (link 2)

What case are you interested in using them in? just curious.

15 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Just a couple of last notes here:

PcPartpicker has a PC case fan browsing option. Here I've listed it to 140mm for bequiet! and Noctua. (Link) (Though you may need to refresh/re-enter to get local prices)

Second note, If you're hesitant to choose Noctua because of how their fans look - here are their "industrial fans" (link 2)

What case are you interested in using them in? just curious.

First of all thank you for the links!

The look doesnt matter, i use them in a NZXT s340 elite. In the Back i have an NZXT Aer, so i would in stall them in the front of the case where i can see them anyways. 

In case you wish a picture of my pc, here it is :D

The one in the Back behind the CPU Cooler got replaced by an Aer Fan and the one on top only jumps on when it gets hot, if u know what i mean :P

nOrhWGS.jpg?1

Edited by MultiDJRoni
Edited some text :D

2 noctuas in the front (not very visible as you point) and a be quiet in the back for exhaust (far more visible and exhaust is not as crucial as intake if you do positive air pressure) 

-------

Current Rig

-------

as ugly as the brown and tan is, i like noctuas. more expensive than the bargain stuff and no RGBs... but I think you made a good choice with them.