32 inch vs 27 4k

zindan
Just now, WereCat said:

Nice, that will work great for 1440p 144Hz

Thank you very much. 1440p 144hz is probably the best option for me. Do I get a G sync one or nah? Could you help me find one please? a 27/28 inch IPS 144hz

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Nice, that will work great for 1440p 144Hz

Not to expensive please. 500-550$

Just now, zindan said:

Thank you very much. 1440p 144hz is probably the best option for me. Do I get a G sync one or nah? Could you help me find one please? a 27/28 inch IPS 144hz

If you can afford it then G-Sync would be nice.

I have the AOC AG271QG but ASUS, Acer, Dell has also some.

All the IPS from AOC, ASUS, Acer use the same panel so just pick which is cheaper. Dell has only TN with G-Sync.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

If you can afford it then G-Sync would be nice.

I have the AOC AG271QG but ASUS, Acer, Dell has also some.

All the IPS from AOC, ASUS, Acer use the same panel so just pick which is cheaper. Dell has only TN with G-Sync.

Dont even know what g sync is to be honest. What is it? is it a big improvement? 

Just now, zindan said:

Dont even know what g sync is to be honest. What is it? is it a big improvement? 

G-Sync will sync your monitors refresh rate to your FPS to remove screen tearing. It also improves on reducing micro stutters and overall makes the gameplay appear more smooth.

The condition is that you must not have more FPS than your monitors refresh rate for G-Sync to function. If that's the case, you need to use software to limit your max FPS (Riva Tuner would be the best choice).

Also, G-Sync works only with NVIDIA cards.

Just now, WereCat said:

G-Sync will sync your monitors refresh rate to your FPS to remove screen tearing. It also improves on reducing micro stutters and overall makes the gameplay appear more smooth.

The condition is that you must not have more FPS than your monitors refresh rate for G-Sync to function. If that's the case, you need to use software to limit your max FPS (Riva Tuner would be the best choice).

Also, G-Sync works only with NVIDIA cards.

I have a 1080 TI so it's fine. Don't really experience a lot of screen tearing when gaming. but if you remove Vsync You might I get it. G sync seems kinda important.. is there a 144hz gsync IPS for 550$ ? 

Just now, zindan said:

I have a 1080 TI so it's fine. Don't really experience a lot of screen tearing when gaming. but if you remove Vsync You might I get it. G sync seems kinda important.. is there a 144hz gsync IPS for 550$ ? 

V-Sync does what G-Sync does but V-Sync has many disadvantages.

I don't know. If you want IPS then $550 will be hard to find, maybe $600-$650.

IPS + G-Sync

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&H=144,240&p=1&A=1&sort=price&page=1

TN + G-Sync

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&H=144,240&p=0&A=1&sort=price

No G-Sync IPS

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&H=144,240&p=1&sort=price&page=1

8 hours ago, WereCat said:

V-Sync does what G-Sync does but V-Sync has many disadvantages.

I don't know. If you want IPS then $550 will be hard to find, maybe $600-$650.

IPS + G-Sync

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&H=144,240&p=1&A=1&sort=price&page=1

TN + G-Sync

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&H=144,240&p=0&A=1&sort=price

No G-Sync IPS

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&H=144,240&p=1&sort=price&page=1

Thanks but hey I was thinking.. What if I buy a 4k monitor for gaming and movies but then when I do other stuff like normal stuff I just lower the resolution to 1440p?? then when gaming I change it to 4k again? problem solved. No need for a 32 inch.. ? right?

3 hours ago, zindan said:

Thanks but hey I was thinking.. What if I buy a 4k monitor for gaming and movies but then when I do other stuff like normal stuff I just lower the resolution to 1440p?? then when gaming I change it to 4k again? problem solved. No need for a 32 inch.. ? right?

It makes absolutely no sense to do that.

Look, it is obvious that you want 4k very much. And it is also obvious that you don't care about high refresh rate then so it was even pointless to discuss that before.

Just go and get the 4k screen. Go to some store where they have them on display and look at the different sizes and decide what is good for you, that would be best.

Otherwise, it is hard to recommend someone something they haven't tried.

As I said... for ME the 32" is the absolute minimum because of reasons I already mentioned. For YOU it may be different but it may also be the same. I cannot know that.

Yes, you will be moving your head around with 32" screen, even 27" screen at the 50cm distance is kinda big and you have to move your eyes from side to side quite a lot.

For ME that is not an issue, I couldn't care less, I have multiple screens so I already have to move the head around.

4 hours ago, WereCat said:

It makes absolutely no sense to do that.

Look, it is obvious that you want 4k very much. And it is also obvious that you don't care about high refresh rate then so it was even pointless to discuss that before.

Just go and get the 4k screen. Go to some store where they have them on display and look at the different sizes and decide what is good for you, that would be best.

Otherwise, it is hard to recommend someone something they haven't tried.

As I said... for ME the 32" is the absolute minimum because of reasons I already mentioned. For YOU it may be different but it may also be the same. I cannot know that.

Yes, you will be moving your head around with 32" screen, even 27" screen at the 50cm distance is kinda big and you have to move your eyes from side to side quite a lot.

For ME that is not an issue, I couldn't care less, I have multiple screens so I already have to move the head around.

Moving my head is not an issue, I'm not that lazy. a store with 4k monitors hmm yeah maybe I should. MAkes no sense? of course it does. When I'm gaming and watching movies I will have the 4k resolution and if 4k is to bad when doing average stuff I will just lower it down to 1440p. All done.