Mobile Hotspot Quick Actions button Windows 10

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's possible/how to add the "Mobile Hotspot" function in Windows 10 to the Quick Actions tray? I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 with Windows 10 Home and I can't figure out how to add it, a friend has a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro and theirs has that feature on the Quick Actions tray.

Thanks!

CURRENT - Dell XPS 15 9550

DECEASED - CPU - Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz || Motherboard - MSI 7613 Ver. 1.0 || RAM - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz || Graphics card - MSI GT 220 || Storage - 1x240GB SanDisk SSD Plus (Windows 7 SP1), 1x 960GB SanDisk Ultra II (Premiere/After Effects Projects, 1x 640GB WD Caviar Blue (Data Drive), 2x 4TB Seagate External USB 3.0 HDD

You need a compatible wireless card first.

Assuming you do, to add it, go to Start > Settings (gear icon) > System > Notifications & Actions > Add or remove quick actions

And in there you'll find "Mobile hotspot" toggle, enable it, and it will appear in the Action Center Quick Actions section. If you don't see it in the list of toggles, then your wireless card is not compatible with this feature.

On 26/08/2017 at 2:52 PM, GoodBytes said:

You need a compatible wireless card first.

Assuming you do, to add it, go to Start > Settings (gear icon) > System > Notifications & Actions > Add or remove quick actions

And in there you'll find "Mobile hotspot" toggle, enable it, and it will appear in the Action Center Quick Actions section. If you don't see it in the list of toggles, then your wireless card is not compatible with this feature.

Apologies I didn't make myself clear previously, I already use the Mobile Hotspot feature frequently, however in order to activate it I have to go to Start > Settings (gear icon) > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot > Share my Internet connection with other devices. The Mobile Hotspot button does not appear in the Add or remove quick actions section, however on my friends Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro it does. So, I was wondering if there was something I'm missing in order to add that specific quick action button to the Action Center Quick Actions section?

CURRENT - Dell XPS 15 9550

DECEASED - CPU - Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz || Motherboard - MSI 7613 Ver. 1.0 || RAM - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz || Graphics card - MSI GT 220 || Storage - 1x240GB SanDisk SSD Plus (Windows 7 SP1), 1x 960GB SanDisk Ultra II (Premiere/After Effects Projects, 1x 640GB WD Caviar Blue (Data Drive), 2x 4TB Seagate External USB 3.0 HDD