SSD won't register in Windows

Zalazaar

I just installed a new SSD into my system, and it won't register in Windows. It is brand new and did register in BIOS. The SSD is a Crucial MX300 1050GB, my OS is Windows 10 Home 64bit, and my motherboard is an ASUS ROG Strix Z270F. Anyone got any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Go to disk management and create a volume / partition.. That fixed it for me

1 minute ago, Gungpae said:

Is this your boot drive?

No. I have a Samsung PRO 128GB as a boot drive. The Crucial is the second device in the boot order.

2 minutes ago, FourEyes said:

No. I have a Samsung PRO 128GB as a boot drive. The Crucial is the second device in the boot order.

Check Disk Manager, chances are that the ssd isn't even partitioned (which is a good thing),

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, Gungpae said:

Check Disk Manager, chances are that the ssd isn't even partitioned (which is a good thing),

I am in disk manager, and I cannot see the crucial on there. Just my boot drive and 2 HDDs, along with two small partitions of the boot drive and one of the HDDs.

Just now, FourEyes said:

I am in disk manager, and I cannot see the crucial on there. Just my boot drive and 2 HDDs, along with two small partitions of the boot drive and one of the HDDs.

Check on DiskPart

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, FourEyes said:

Can you post a screenshot of your disk management window?

10 minutes ago, FourEyes said:

I just installed a new SSD into my system, and it won't register in Windows. It is brand new and did register in BIOS. The SSD is a Crucial MX300 1050GB, my OS is Windows 10 Home 64bit, and my motherboard is an ASUS ROG Strix Z270F. Anyone got any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Go to Computer Management (type this in Start Search and it should pop up) and then go to Storage -> Disk Management. It should show up there. Then all you have to do is initialize it and format it with the right click menus.

1 minute ago, Gungpae said:

Check on DiskPart

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Can you post a screenshot of your disk management window?

I just expanded the disk manager to full screen, and I can see it now. Did the formatting and it is showing in the windows explorer window. I'm a bit nooby at this, sorry guys. :P