Prebuilt w/ a $3000 AUD budget

Hi all,

Currently overseas with work, and wanting too purchase a prebuilt rig so when I return I can jump into the action. I have a budget of < $3000 AUD; and am abit unsure as too which prebuilt rig to purchase through PCCG. Scoped out Scorptec; however they seem more overpriced than PCCG, so PCCG ticked the box.

Below are the builds I am looking at (I am assuming the most exp is the best pic; although feel this may not be the case so want recommendation, what would you choose?)

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39319/pccg-cobalt-1070-gaming-system

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39427/pccg-ryzen-elite-1080-gaming-system

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40054/pccg-hellcat-1080-gaming-system

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39956/pccg-battlebox-1080-gaming-system

Is it even worth considering the 1070 build, or disregard that all together and stick to the 1080s? If you say the 1080s, then will the cheaper Ryzen 7 be still high end saving me $$? 

NOTE - I am intending to use this purely for gaming (no streaming, rendering, photosop etc), I also don't return until Nov (Should I await and see if prices drop / release of Intel 8th Gen?)

Peripherals I have awaiting whichever build I purchase are:

Corsair K65 LUX RGB Mechanical Keyboard

Corsair M65 Pro Gaming Mouse

Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris Gaming Mousepad

Acer Predator 24" 144hz 1080p G-Sync monitor (Only going a single monitor set up)

p.s As stated, I want to go prebuilt, so please no comments about building rigs / cost comparisons etc...

Much appreciated!

Morryjr

Go with the ryzen one, it even comes with the best GPU. (watercooled so you can OC as hell). 1700 is great and when you overclock it in games you wont see any difference between 7700k and 1700. As when it comes to productivity 1700 wins everytime.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

6 minutes ago, Morryjr said:

Is it even worth considering the 1070 build, or disregard that all together and stick to the 1080s? If you say the 1080s, then will the cheaper Ryzen 7 be still high end saving me $$? 

The R7+1080 build is about the same price as 7700k+1070, though the 1070 systems that actually make sense are these two which are a lot cheaper.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39760/pccg-ghost-1070-gaming-system

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39803/pccg-razer-1070-gaming-system

For the 1080 builds the 7700k will be about 10% faster, so it's really up to you if you want to spend that extra for the 7700k. I wish they had a 1600+1080 option since 1700 isn't any better than 1600 in gaming...

2 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

Go with the ryzen one, it even comes with the best GPU. (watercooled so you can OC as hell). 1700 is great and when you overclock it in games you wont see any difference between 7700k and 1700. As when it comes to productivity 1700 wins everytime.

There are two 7700k+1080 builds there. I disagree with there being no difference, when OCed there's still a 10% ish difference.

Op is only gaming.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know you don't want to build it yourself, but I checked how big the difference between them, and buying the exact same parts yourself costs. It's over $1000 difference. Anyway.

Digital Storm seems to be more reasonable. Their Bolt X can be customized to get a water cooled 7700K and 1080 Ti for $2800. Custom loop water cooling for the CPU and GPU, and fancy lighting costs in total $3163 (link leads to the configuration). The rest of the parts are as good, or better than the $3099 system in one of your links. It's also in a smaller case. 

LTT's review of it is here. Their configuration is more expensive, and a little fancier than the one I configured. 

Nvm, you're in Australia

:)

11 minutes ago, Morryjr said:

I hadn't heard of PLE.

Nor had I looked at picking my own parts and having it built then shipped.

I will look further into this.. I added Windows 10 and adjusted the CPU Cooler and it brought it upto $2980 (The cost of the 1080 PCCG build price)

Yeah it's quite rare for system integrators not to charge a pretty hefty price for the pc being prebuilt so I usually like to look for people like this who just charge you an exact fee for the pc to be prebuilt. Usually saves a ton of money.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Those builds are a big time rip off, You can walk into Centrecom tomorrow and buy a 7700k and 1080 for less than 1400$ AUD. There's no way a motherboard and case are suddenly going to double that price.

On 8/24/2017 at 11:45 PM, Morryjr said:

I hadn't heard of PLE.

Nor had I looked at picking my own parts and having it built then shipped.

I will look further into this.. I added Windows 10 and adjusted the CPU Cooler and it brought it upto $2980 (The cost of the 1080 PCCG build price)

Bought a fair bit of stuff from ple when I worked on the same side of Melbourne as them, pretty good service seem to know what they're on about.

Never liked centercom, probably don't have a real reason though.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

19 hours ago, Morryjr said:

The cheapest pre-built 1080 GTX from CentreCom starts at $3100..

https://www.centrecom.com.au/desktops?orderby=11&specs=80,87

I have no idea where you are pulling a gaming pc with a i7 7700k and 1080 GX pre-built for less than $1400AUD...

7700k: https://www.centrecom.com.au/intel-core-i7-7700k-unlocked-lga-1151-cpu-bx80677i77700k 478$

1080: https://www.centrecom.com.au/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-windforce-8gb-gaming-graphics-card 869$

now if you bothered to read my post, i explained that a motherboard, ram and case are not going to cost you another 1500$. You are getting ripped off unbelievably.

23 hours ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

7700k: https://www.centrecom.com.au/intel-core-i7-7700k-unlocked-lga-1151-cpu-bx80677i77700k 478$

1080: https://www.centrecom.com.au/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-windforce-8gb-gaming-graphics-card 869$

now if you bothered to read my post, i explained that a motherboard, ram and case are not going to cost you another 1500$. You are getting ripped off unbelievably.

If you get a decent MOBO, RAM, CPU Cooler, SSD, HD, PSU, Windows 10, LED lighting then you're looking at about $800-1000

(Utilising the Asus Strix, G Skillz Trident RGB, Kraken Liquid, Corsair 500w)

PCCG aren't ripping of unbelievably at all, that totals too around $2100 for the parts (Utilising the Asus Strix MOBO, Asus Strix 1080 GTX)

Now the package is selling at $2499, that's an extra $300 for labour / install / cable and light management.

Mate that isn't unbelievable ripping off.. Walk into Harvey Norman and go their pre-built 1080 GTX, now that's a rip off....

6 hours ago, Morryjr said:

If you get a decent MOBO, RAM, CPU Cooler, SSD, HD, PSU, Windows 10, LED lighting then you're looking at about $800-1000

(Utilising the Asus Strix, G Skillz Trident RGB, Kraken Liquid, Corsair 500w)

PCCG aren't ripping of unbelievably at all, that totals too around $2100 for the parts (Utilising the Asus Strix MOBO, Asus Strix 1080 GTX)

Now the package is selling at $2499, that's an extra $300 for labour / install / cable and light management.

Mate that isn't unbelievable ripping off.. Walk into Harvey Norman and go their pre-built 1080 GTX, now that's a rip off....

Only link you put is selling for 2900$ noob.